Recognition models

Fixbayonets!

I came across two WWII AAF recognition models, NOS condition in the original boxes. I have a P-51D Mustang and a B-17E Flying Fortress, both were made by the Cruver manufacturing Company.

Rob

post-168-1259776851.jpg

WOW! Those are really great! In the past I have seen those models and they have always been pretty beaten up. Those are spectacular, and the original Boxes too! Congrats!

Dennis

General Apathy

post-344-1259780442.jpg

Hi Rob, really beautiful pieces, apologies that the attached photo is not too good, but can you imagine what Grand Central station looked like with this display hanging down.

Cheers Lewis

Thanks for all of the positive responses guys. I have come across these models in the past but as Dennis stated, never quite in this condition.

Rob

post-344-1259780442.jpg

Hi Rob, really beautiful pieces, apologies that the attached photo is not too good, but can you imagine what Grand Central station looked like with this display hanging down.

Cheers Lewis

Ken,

Those are all recognition models? I guess the manufacturer produced a few more than the AAF required :lol:

Rob

• 1 month later...
Lightning Ace

Great find Rob and it's rare to find them not beat up let alone mint in their original box.

Mike

I came across two WWII AAF recognition models, NOS condition in the original boxes. I have a P-51D Mustang and a B-17E Flying Fortress, both were made by the Cruver manufacturing Company.

Rob

General Apathy

post-344-1264112196.jpg

post-344-1264112158.jpg

B-17 recognition model

Rob

Hi Rob, I finally found and photographed the flat pack B-17 recognition model that I had mailed you about. :thumbsup:

Thanks for allowing me to add it into your topic thread about the B-17 you found. I have never seen another one of this style of construction but obviously it must have been cheaper to manufacture, pack and ship, possibly get a dozen in the same size box as your one example.

I did construct it once when I first got it but it is quite a fragile construction material, it is marked ' A.A.F. B-17E Flying Fortress '

Cheers Lewis

post-344-1264112196.jpg

post-344-1264112158.jpg

Hi Rob, I finally found and photographed the flat pack B-17 recognition model that I had mailed you about. :thumbsup:

Thanks for allowing me to add it into your topic thread about the B-17 you found. I have never seen another one of this style of construction but obviously it must have been cheaper to manufacture, pack and ship, possibly get a dozen in the same size box as your one example.

I did construct it once when I first got it but it is quite a fragile construction material, it is marked ' A.A.F. B-17E Flying Fortress '

Cheers Lewis

You should stick to Airfix Ken (not literally, of course!!)

Ian ;)