J. Balme insignia company question

james

I used to have,back in the day, Aiborne Wings,Air-Assault,Pathfinder,MFF and a C.I.B badges for class "A" uniform,all made by a company,IIRC,"

J. Balme". They were very nice,and it was almost like the sharp details were made by "carving" the individual feathers and wreath's out.

My questions are:

Am I close to the correct name?

Are they still in business?

Where can I purchase some badges from?

As always,thank you for your help and assistance.

James

J Balme is/was located in Paris France. No idea if they are still around, but you do sometimes see their stuff. An internet search would likely serve you best.

Patrick

I used to have,back in the day, Aiborne Wings,Air-Assault,Pathfinder,MFF and a C.I.B badges for class "A" uniform,all made by a company,IIRC,"

J. Balme". They were very nice,and it was almost like the sharp details were made by "carving" the individual feathers and wreath's out.

My questions are:

Am I close to the correct name?

Are they still in business?

Where can I purchase some badges from?

As always,thank you for your help and assistance.

James

J BALME is now in the city of SAUMUR. It still is a insignia maker.

Postal adress: Balme Societe Nouvelle J 44 Rue De Rouen, 49400 Saumur FRANCE.

sgtbarnes44,

Thank you for the Information.

Do they have a website? I google it and come up with Sink and kitchen stuff?!?

As far as I know, they don't have a website but I'll try to phone them to know if they're still making paratrooper badge. I'll let you know.

J. Balme's usual business was (is still?) not military insignia, but rather holy medals (think Lourdes), nursing school pins and some jewelry. They made some French insignia -- like pocket "crests" for academy classes IIRC.

The US insignia you see were made up by Balme at the behest of Jim Phillips/Phillips Publications, back in the mid- or late 1980s. At that time, Balme had a chief operating officer who wanted "new markets" and he ran into Jim....and the rest is history. BUT a year or so later, the coo had a fight with the family that owns Balme and left -- and the US military stuff was purged.

Jim still has many (not all) of the Balme insignia. His fax number is (609) 61-4967 mailing address: P.O. Box 168, Willamstown NJ 08094.

J_Andrews

Thanks for the info.

Diddnt he have a catalog?? IIRC, I ordered them from a Phillips cat,now that you mentioned it.

Had almost forgotten about J Phillips.