CBI winter coat

rrobertscv

rrobertscv

Picked this up on eBay this week-end. I am not an expert, so does this coat look ok to you guys, and what kind of value would you put on it? I only gave $10 for it, so I am not out much money.

post-214-1181058798.jpg

I never saw a horse blanket with a Ruptured Duck on it before but that sure doesn't mean it wasn't done. I like the overcoat, especially with shoulder patches.

rrobertscv
I never saw a horse blanket with a Ruptured Duck on it before but that sure doesn't mean it wasn't done. I like the overcoat, especially with shoulder patches.

That was the part I thought was strange, but you never know.

CNY Militaria

Great Deal! Although overcoats are for the most part not very collectable (because of their weight and bulkiness), the patches make it a worthy buy, especially because of the theater made CBI on the left shoulder.

Picked this up on eBay this week-end. I am not an expert, so does this coat look ok to you guys, and what kind of value would you put on it? I only gave $10 for it, so I am not out much money.

2003636086099547886_rs.jpg

Sorry to jump in and break the flow of this string, but is anyone having problems seeing the images? I am getting a rectangle with "IPB IMAGE" where the photo should be.

Very frustrating, reading the descriptions and responses but not seeing the photos! Sounds like a interesting piece!

rrobertscv
Sorry to jump in and break the flow of this string, but is anyone having problems seeing the images? I am getting a rectangle with "IPB IMAGE" where the photo should be.

Very frustrating, reading the descriptions and responses but not seeing the photos! Sounds like a interesting piece!

I am at work and I know that Webshots is blocked by our firewall, and that is where I uploaded the pics. We get the same little box if we try to access anything blocked by the firewall.

rrobertscv
Great Deal! Although overcoats are for the most part not very collectable (because of their weight and bulkiness), the patches make it a worthy buy, especially because of the theater made CBI on the left shoulder.

I was a little fearful about the weight and shipping, but it ended up being jut $12. This is the 2nd theater made CBI I have snagged on eBay in the last 3 months!!

Bob Hudson
I am at work and I know that Webshots is blocked by our firewall, and that is where I uploaded the pics. We get the same little box if we try to access anything blocked by the firewall.

We've uploaded your photo to the forum's server so it should be visible to all now.

MattOravik

I believe there was a coat just like that on ebay a while back that I was watching. I was going to bid but was fearful of what the shipping would be. I think your coat looks great. I have 2 overcoats that have ruptured ducks on them. A 98th ID and a plain one.

-Matt.

post-137-1181072964.jpg

post-137-1181073000.jpg

rrobertscv
I believe there was a coat just like that on ebay a while back that I was watching. I was going to bid but was fearful of what the shipping would be. I think your coat looks great. I have 2 overcoats that have ruptured ducks on them. A 98th ID and a plain one.

-Matt.

That makes me feel better, seeing 2 more with the duck.

Don't worry about the duck, I have seem probably 50 on greatcoats in the last 25 years, including my Grandfathers. And heck the patches are worth what you paid for it!

Fixbayonets!

To further confirm the wearing of ruptured ducks on overcoats, I have one I received direct from the vet. It is interesting to note that the ruptured duck is the only piece of insignia on the coat. The patch was machine sewn on only two of the four sides of the diamond, the sewer must have been in a hurry.

Rob

I just wanted to comment on the ruptured duck on overcoats. I believe that if a soldier was discharged when the weather was colder, and the overcoat is what he would be mostly wearing for his journey home, the duck would have been applied to this uniform. (Either in addition to his service dress, or only to the overcoat) Nice price on a very under-rated WWII uniform!

Chris

I really like that first shirts overcoat complete with overseas bars & a hashmark. I'm glad all you guys showed these with the Ruptured Ducks on 'em. In 30 plus years of collecting this stuff, I guess I never really paid attention to overcoats too much & never remember seeing the duck on them. Now after viewing this thread, I've learned something and that is what makes forums (especially this one), so valuable & interesting.

GREAT thread! thumbsup.gif

CNY Militaria

Would anyone be interested in a "show your interesting overcoat" thread? I bet thare are a lot of unique ones we could show off in another thread.

Justin