lets see some invasion arrowhead ribbon bars

Mr.B

hi everyone

I was looking through the uniform thread here and noticed that some ww2 US uniforms have invasion arrowheads. I was wondering could you guys post pics of your invasion arrowhead jackets it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton

Here is the ribbon bar of my neighbor Robert Martis, 1/511. He served with the 511th in New Guinea and the Philippines. He was one of the few neighbors who would tell a annoying kid stories about his time in the paratroops, a great guy who is greatly missed. Mark.

post-527-1181088140.jpg

Question, has anyone ever seen a Presidential Unit Citation badge ever have an arrowhead attached to it? I picked one up at a flea market in a junk box awhile back for ten cents. The arrowhead is the proper WW2 era version and it appears to have been there for quite sometime. Any ideas?

Arch

Michiel M.

Yes, I saw one on a original Ike lately..

@ Steve B: Interesting patch you got there. Do you know if Hambright placed the stars on his patch during or after the war?

• 2 weeks later...

This one belongs to a Mst Sgt Manning. The thing of intrest is his arrowhead on the Korean ribbon. His jump wing also has 2 stars for 2 combat jumps.

post-100-1182446256.jpg

This is a custom embroidered example that belonged to Lt Col Edward N Jenkins. I am still waiting for info from Nara on him.

post-100-1182446449.jpg

This one is for Colonel Ford Pratt. He served on Iwo Jima.

post-100-1182446652.jpg

This is a custom ribbon bar belonging to Lt Col Clarence F Nelson who was the commanding officer of the 907th GFAB.

post-100-1182446669.jpg

Thsi one belonged to Lt Col Harry F Broman. He was a glider pilot. He had 3 combat missions & 14 combat hours in the glider. He went on to be an advisor to thr Royal Thai air force in the early 1960's

post-100-1182447200.jpg

This one belongs to an id'ed enlisted pathfinder of the 505th who later became a warrent officer.

post-100-1182447280.jpg

This one belongs to a career artillery man who fought from Afrika to Germany.

post-100-1182447338.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Mr.B @ Jun 4 2007, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi everyone

I was looking through the uniform thread here and noticed that some ww2 US uniforms have invasion arrowheads. I was wondering could you guys post pics of your invasion arrowhead jackets it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton

Although not on a ribbon I thought I'd forward an invasion arrow head on a WW2 era paratrooper wing. I bought this over 20 years ago and the only one I've come across so far that doesn't look like it was added later by unscrupulous dealers to increase its value for resale.

Dennis

post-1389-1185648371.jpg