Post your engraved wings!

John Cooper

Both very nice additions - I can't say you see them that often. John your looks to have been done my the owner while patrick's appears to have been done by someone who knew how to engrave.

Thanks for post guys!

Cheers

John

wartimecollectables.com
I have these--they came from an estate sale. I wonder who Hap and Eddie R are, interesting engraving style--looks to be Ariel 24 font doesn't it? I did test the solder, so it has that going for it :thumbsup:

LoL! Hmmmm? Hap & Eddie? Great period engraving too! Must be an ebay find!

• 2 weeks later...
May as well keep the thread goning for a while...

Here is an interesting one.

Best, John

A really great trio of wings for the folks on the Home Front - No worries about those three! :thumbsup:

CliffP

• 1 month later...
Hi Folks,

My Personalized WWII Pilot Wings:

715_1.jpg

715_2.jpg

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Nice set of SMILO wings! What are the initials are can not tell from the photo? Is it possible to have you take a close up with the pin open to see the details.

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Major Corliss C. Moseley was a pilot with the 27th Pursuit Squadron during WWI. After the war, he raced airplanes; invested in commercial airlines (Western Air Express); streamlined aerial mail routes; [...]
Hello! I am the grandson of C.C. Moseley. The photo attached below shows him in his WW I uniform. He looks bad-***! You're right about racing airplanes. He won the first Pulitzer Prize air race at Mitchell Field. His trophy is in the Smithsonian. The wings you have are typical of what a first class guy he was. In his last few years, when I was a teenager, I spent more than a few afternoons and evenings with him at his house, getting drunk and listening to his life stories. I'd sleep over to avoid a drunk drive home (and the wrath of my Dad - he was my maternal grandfather). If you'd like to talk and learn a bit more about him, feel free to send me email at [email protected] and we can arrange a chat.

Edit: the *** was another word that began with 'a' and ended in two 's'es but the forum changed it to 'rump' ha ha.

post-81327-1332546779.jpg

John Cooper

Welcome to the forum Bob and THANKS for posting the photo for your Grandpa when Russ first shared the engraved wings my jaw dropped and now to have his grandson on the forum... very cool!

Cheers

John