Militaria Shop Dallas, Texas - Recon Militaria

John F.

When in Dallas, Texas make sure you stop by RECON Militaria located at 9917 Garland Rd Dallas, TX 75218, ph# 214-324-4427. The owner's name is DJ Goodwin and he's a pretty straight shooter in his dealings with people. If you are unable to get by his shop visit his web-site at: http://www.antiquerecon.com/ . If you can't find it on his web-site trying giving him a call he has a huge inventory.

John

vintageproductions

D.J. is definetly one of the good guys. I have known him since the mid-80's and can't say enough great things about him.

He also has one of the nicest privately owned Vietnam museums out there. Unfortunately it is all in storage right now until a new location for it can be found. I know a lot of my personal collection went to him when I started breaking it up.

...I know a lot of my personal collection went to him when I started breaking it up.

And then it went to me. :lol: I've known DJ since 1992 when I lived in Dallas. DJ also talkes highly of you too Bob.

One of the first places I visited in Dallas when I first moved there in 1989 was DJ's shop. It was in the backside of an Antique Mall, and his museum display was up in its full glory. To this date it was one of the finest Vietnam miliaria displays I've ever seen.

Over the next 10 years I spent a lot of time sitting at his counter trading lies and war stories.

If anybody drops by to see him, tell him I say hello!

• 8 months later...
Air Force Collector

Up front honest dealer and definitely not short on words. Was one of the first places I went when I moved to Dallas and I have known him and his business since 1991. Would do business with him anytime. I loved to drop by his store and just talk. If you show up at the right time one can meet a lot of fellow collectors just hanging out in his store. Have since moved to California but every time I go back to Dallas, I always go to his place and always feel welcomed.

You may walk out smelling like a cigar factory, but it's definitely worth it. DJ's a great guy to deal with and/or simply visit with. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
shocktrooper15

Stopped in on a trip to Texas back in December. Great guy to deal with and talk to. Ended up leaving with a Utica blade marked M3 and 17th Airborne patch. I must have been there for an hour just talking to the guys in there. It was definitely the local hang out for the retirees!

• 2 years later...

You may walk out smelling like a cigar factory, but it's definitely worth it. DJ's a great guy to deal with and/or simply visit with. :thumbsup:

You can still smoke inside places of business in Texas?

Still will definitely stop by and check it out!

-Brian

• 4 weeks later...

You can still smoke inside places of business in Texas?

-Brian

You can at DJ's...you can also drink beer and do shots of whiskey if you spend enough money.

I remember D.J. from when I was setting up at the Houston and Dallas Gun/Militaria Shows. He had a good reputation then, and evidently still does. Also a very personable guy to deal with.

• 2 years later...

Any good shops with in a 50 mile radius of Lubbock Texas ?

Not that I know of. There was a good one in Big Spring (but that is over 50 miles from Lubbock), but the owner Jake Glickman died about a year ago. I don't know what has happened to his collection and stock of militaria. If you hear of a militaria shop anywhere in West Texas, by all means tell us about it. I get about 99% of my stuff anymore from old collector buddies who live out of state.