PFC Harold K. Brinser , 507th PIR

kklinejr

I haven't posted anything in a while, so here we go with this group. I picked this grouping up a couple of years back and have asked just about everyone I know (including this board) if this name appears on any jump rosters for the 507th, however it doesn't- even though the discharge says it should. This grouping belonged to PFC Harold K. Brinser of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. An ebay purchase before the SVA, the grouping includes his unnamed Purple Heart, WWII Victory medal, Good Conduct medal, fourragere, Dutch lanyard, CIB, infantry brass, a few assorted ribbons (some Brit made), a worn 82nd AD SSI, and his discharge papers. His wound date is listed as 14 Sep 1944 - which doesn't seem to make sense to me as I thought the unit was training at that time, and he is credited with an invasion arrow and 7 bronze stars. He arrived in theatre 10 May 1943 and left 15 Sep 1945. After the war he went on to work as a steamfitter for 23 years and was heavily involved with the Elizabethtown Fire Company where he was chief and awarded Fireman of the Year. He pased away in 1994. Any further information on Mr. Brinser would be incredibly appreciated as I have come to a virtual dead end with researching his wartime experience. Thanks for looking.

Ken

post-99-1258917572.jpg

post-99-1258917580.jpg

My grandfathers discharge says the 507th as well but he was in the 504th as well hes not listed on that site he was a late war replacement. He was only in the 507th when he was shipped home and discharged. However that being a short period of time his uniform does have the patch for the 17th and 82nd on the right side Even though he only went home with them.

pathfinder505

His discharge listed the Normandy campaign. Did he transfer to the 507th just before dday. The 504th was in reserve and didnt jump at dday, other than a few pathfinders. Is he listed on the 507th jump logs? Otherwise, I agree he just came home with the 507th