A couple of subdued SAC "technical" patches

Sabrejet

Are there full-colour versions of these technical patches or are they only produced in subdued colours? (I know the SAC Command patch is available colour!)

post-8022-1258824383.jpg

Yes there are. The only one I have never seen in color is the SAC Journeyman Technician.

There are? OK..thanks 48MMS (Thought they might attract your attention!) ;)

Ian

Yes, just about any USAF will catch my eye. If you haven't already, go to USAFPatches.com and under "where to buy", check out Paulspasstime and radmanpatches, both are top notch sellers and individuals! Also if there is anything I can keep an eye out for, let me know. Cheers, Al.

Yes, just about any USAF will catch my eye. If you haven't already, go to USAFPatches.com and under "where to buy", check out Paulspasstime and radmanpatches, both are top notch sellers and individuals! Also if there is anything I can keep an eye out for, let me know. Cheers, Al.

Roger that! Thanks Al!

Ian :thumbsup:

Yes there are. The only one I have never seen in color is the SAC Journeyman Technician.

I've got a SAC Master Technician, a Master Team Chief and a Munitions Master Technician in vivid...

I've got a SAC Master Technician, a Master Team Chief and a Munitions Master Technician in vivid...

Hello Blue. Any chance you could maybe post 'em? I'd be interested to see the glorious "Technicolor" versions!

Hello Blue. Any chance you could maybe post 'em? I'd be interested to see the glorious "Technicolor" versions!

I'll give it a try when Mrs. Bluehawk (the family geek) gets home this evening :D

Ski...am I right in assuming that these patches were intended for wear on the breast pockets of BDUs (subdued) and fatigue shirts (full colour)?

Ian

Ski...am I right in assuming that these patches were intended for wear on the breast pockets of BDUs (subdued) and fatigue shirts (full colour)?

Ian

The full colored ones were worn on fatigues up to around 1978 or so. I don't know the swap-over date. After that, subdued patches were worn on the fatigues until BDU's came into use starting in 1988. Today, the BDUs are getting phased out and will not be worn after 2010, or so. With that, the end of subdued patches as we see it, will happen. Sad.

-Ski

The full colored ones were worn on fatigues up to around 1978 or so. I don't know the swap-over date. After that, subdued patches were worn on the fatigues until BDU's came into use starting in 1988. Today, the BDUs are getting phased out and will not be worn after 2010, or so. With that, the end of subdued patches as we see it, will happen. Sad.

-Ski

Are you referring to the impending universal adoption of the Air Force blue "tiger stripe" uniform? Are you saying they'll be a patch-free zone?! Won't they be covered with velcro attachment points like the Army's ACU?

Ian

Are you referring to the impending universal adoption of the Air Force blue "tiger stripe" uniform? Are you saying they'll be a patch-free zone?! Won't they be covered with velcro attachment points like the Army's ACU?

Ian

The ABU's, or Airman Battle Uniforms do not have unit patches, only the rank, nametapes and technical badges. That's it. Hopefully the policy will change sometime in the future.

-Ski

So the most patch-aware branch of the US military becomes the least so overnight?! How bizarre is that? What about espirit de corps?!

Ian :think:

So the most patch-aware branch of the US military becomes the least so overnight?! How bizarre is that? What about espirit de corps?!

Ian :think:

My arguement exactly. It makes us who wear BDU's/ACU's feel like we are second class citizens. Sure, aircrew can wear their squadron patches, but us slobs can't..... Now I'm starting to get miffed. I'm retired anyways, so....................

-Ski

Here ya go, no backs this time, and I threw in the 1977 OMS award one too just for fun.

You make such images from 400 to 600 pixels wide and they will still fit nicely into the forum and be easier to see.

You make such images from 400 to 600 pixels wide and they will still fit nicely into the forum and be easier to see.

Don't know how to, yet...

Sure would like to know though.

This is the first time in all this time that I've been able to post any of my own pieces.

Maybe this will work

There ya go Blue!! The flood-gates are now offiicially opened and I/we all look forward to seeing future illustrated postings!

There ya go Blue!! The flood-gates are now offiicially opened and I/we all look forward to seeing future illustrated postings!

Wilco forthwith! :lol: