"Unknown" Stars in Military Movies

Tommymonkey192

That wasn't Cuba Gooding, jr. It was Clarence Gilyard, jr., the dude from "Walker, Texas Ranger"

Sorry if I was wrong, I remembered that it was Cuba Gooding from I think an article in "Air Classics" magazine about the making of the movie when it first came out. Even so, at least the initals were right so I should get half credit?

Tom Bowers

Cobrahistorian
Sorry if I was wrong, I remembered that it was Cuba Gooding from I think an article in "Air Classics" magazine about the making of the movie when it first came out. Even so, at least the initals were right so I should get half credit?

Tom Bowers

:thumbsup:

yeah, that is kinda funny, same initials plus the "jr."! Sure, half credit!

Tommymonkey192
Not withstanding his lack of service, which has nothing to to with acting ability or even being cast in any role whatsoever, Ford was in Apocalypse Now.

If you look very carefully at Harrison Ford's fatiques in the movie you'll see the name "Lucas" on the name tape -- an interesting little inside joke as he was previously in American Graffiti and I think he also was working on Star Wars around the time that Apocalypse Now was filmed.

In Top Gun you forgot Cuba Gooding Jr, (Maverick's one time RIO with the mirrored shades and the "sundowner's" helmet)

Robert Mitchum's first big role was in "the story of GI Joe" with Burgess Meridith (also in his first breakthrough) as Ernie Pyle, sort of.

Tom Bowers

I think Robert Mitchum first made it to the silver screen as Marine Raider Pvt. "Pig Iron" in "Gung Ho".

Bobgee

In Top Gun you forgot Cuba Gooding Jr, (Maverick's one time RIO with the mirrored shades and the "sundowner's" helmet)
Nope, Mav's replacement RIO with the Rising sun helmet was Clarence Gilyard better known for playing Theo the computer whiz in Die Hard and Trivet in Walker, Texas Ranger

Nope, Mav's replacement RIO with the Rising sun helmet was Clarence Gilyard better known for playing Theo the computer whiz in Die Hard and Trivet in Walker, Texas Ranger

Yeah, I was wrong, but I got half credit for having the right initals lol!