A couple of Liberators

Hello!

Just for the pleasure to share with you, here you have a couple of pictures of my two Liberators. As you can see, one is a three holes and one a four holes. Both mint, unaltered, with no odd serial numbers added and so... I got both in the early 70s from Sarco. Good times, then...For a collector things were easier and better than today indeed...Not to mention that I had them for an affordable price. I know that today these ugly gears run for very high prices. Yes, ugly, I said, and I am convinced that this is the most unattractive and dangerous pistol ever made. But what a history behind it...So I love them... Thanks for your attention.

Fausto

post-8381-1258711355.jpg

post-8381-1258711371.jpg

Hello!

Just for the pleasure to share with you, here you have a couple of pictures of my two Liberators. As you can see, one is a three holes and one a four holes. Both mint, unaltered, with no odd serial numbers added and so... I got both in the early 70s from Sarco. Good times, then...For a collector things were easier and better than today indeed...Not to mention that I had them for an affordable price. I know that today these ugly gears run for very high prices. Yes, ugly, I said, and I am convinced that this is the most unattractive and dangerous pistol ever made. But what a history behind it...So I love them... Thanks for your attention.

Fausto

Hi Fausto, back in the late 1970's I remeber being in paris and in a gun store there they had two crates of these. :lol:

I don't know if they were still active or deactovated in some way. There appeared to be a couple of hundred of the things. As I was on holiday from England it was impossible to consider taking one home with me. :think:

Nice pieces.

Cheers Lewis

Young enough to care and enjoy militaria - Old enough to remember as surplus

" Life's too short for reproductions "

Life is like a tank of gas, the closer you get to a quarter tank, the faster it goes 

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Fausto,

Those are very cool! :thumbsup: I wish I had one, but they are very pricey over here. There was a fellow on another forum a few years back by the name of Paul J. Krokovic who shared pictures of his Liberator with me. Here is a picture of the box in which they came.

post-70-1258716947.jpg

GB

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2018.gif

Thanks! Thanks to you all ! I wish I had the box, the rod and the instruction sheet... I got one of these sheets from my dear friend Bill Drollinger many years ago, but it is a finely made reproduction...It doesn't have the watermarks Mr. Hagan speaks about in his fine book. Now some guys are reproducing not only the box etc., but the pistol too...

Fausto

Fausto,

You have 2 very nice Liberators. I have always been amazed by these weapons. I just saw one at a local gun show in El Paso, Texas last weekend. I didn't ask if it was for sale or the price but I imagine it was well out of my price range. When the gun show comes back in a few months and if the gentleman still has the liberator in his case I may ask if it is for sale, just to see how much it would cost. Thank you for sahring them with us.

Leigh...

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.