Movie: Courage Under Fire

Duffy

It may not be one of the greatest movies of all time, but I definately think it's good enough to

recommend to others who haven't seen it. It's worth checking out.

Good storyline.

Duffy

Ya, I saw it. I have mixed emotions about it, it was a good movie, but they tried way to hard to make Meg Ryan sound like a man. They should have waited until she got over her Larangitis before they started filming. I also have a issue when during a movie they start a helicopter by turing the lighting switches on. That killed the movie for me. :pinch:

I thought the movie was uneven.

I liked Denzel Washington's character, and I liked they way they told the tragic part of his story.

Like my friend Hawk Driver, I did not care for Meg Ryan's portrayal of a female Army officer. I've known one or two, and in general I love just about anything Meg Ryan does. But the character she portrayed just did not click with the real life women I had known in the military. It just smacked of some scriptwriter's imagined character.

I also thought the story line that was laid out for Ryan's character was full of holes. I've never been in combat, but I just did not buy they way the events were shown.

Beautifully filmed, engaging story, and well paced. But in the end just lacking something to be fully credible.

One day, a real female member of our Armed Forces will earn a Medal of Honor. Hopefully when her story is told it will be as compelling as this movie sought to be.