Airborne bracelet with ID

EasyRed1944

Hey All ,

First of all , i don't 100% know this is original so i hope you guys could give me a clue.

Its a TRUART STERLING marked Bracelet ID'd to :

Dick Gary Blackwell

504th parachute infantry

I found out that TRUART is a 1940's manufacturere of bracelets and maybe other stuff too as far is i know.

BUT , i can not find Dick Gary Blackwell in the rosters, NARA , etc..

This comes from Belgium , so i dont think someone would order a blank bracelet from the USA to engrave a name and unit of an unknown person ?

This sounds like too much trouble to make a fake wich was pretty good affordable.

Is there anyone who could find Dick Gary Blackwell ?

I asked M De Trez about this , he couldnt find the person back but he didnt tell it was a fake neither.

Thanks !

IMG_9190.jpg

IMG_9191.jpg

IMG_9192.jpg

I don't quite know why you'd engrave your unit on the back of the bracelet, the side that no one else would see...forgetful?

Also, the engraving on the back has some differences from that of the front. Look at the 5's and y's....I don't know, hopefully someone can find him on a roster and prove me wrong...

craig_pickrall

For the most part these bracelets were backup ID to the dog tags in case the GI was WIA or KIA. In case the dog tags were missing then the bracelet would serve. I have a bracelet marked just like this one with the unit ID on back and I also have my father's bracelet that has name and serial number on the front but the back is unmarked. They weren't intended to show others what unit you were in except in an emergency.

I too have a similar one but named to a member of the USN. Just the name and serial number...no rating or ship's name etc.

Ian

Hmm Thanks people so far , now i know it truely excisted in this way.

Now i have to find out the ID on it , is it someone who excisted ? Or just a made up name...

Would 504th rosters help? Someone out there must have them...

Yes they would help , but M De Trez couldnt find him back in his Roster, but i don't know if that is ALWAYS 100% .

craig_pickrall

When doing your searches try using Richard rather than Dick and see what that produces. You might also try using R. G. Blackwell.