PASGT helmet camo cover question

Sabrejet

Although the PASGT "K-Pot" has been gradually phased out, presumably there must still be large numbers held in storage somewhere, or maybe they were issued to NG or rear echelon units? My question is this: Did the US Army undertake the manufacture and issue of ACU pattern camo covers for it ? (and if so...where can I obtain a "large"?!) Thank you.

Ian

Ian, there is/was a commercial ACU helmet cover made for the helmet. However, it is not official. So far as I know, they were avaliable at Army clothing stores on Bases, but were never issued. Soldiers could by them with their own money. I saw them being worn by the Ranger school students when they come to my base to load aircraft for the jump into Florida. At this time the Ranger school did not use the new ACH. A couple of years ago, I called the Fort MacPherson clothing sales store and was told by the employee at the store they had them for sale there. I don't think they are sold anymore.

Ian, there is/was a commercial ACU helmet cover made for the helmet. However, it is not official. So far as I know, they were avaliable at Army clothing stores on Bases, but were never issued. Soldiers could by them with their own money. I saw them being worn by the Ranger school students when they come to my base to load aircraft for the jump into Florida. At this time the Ranger school did not use the new ACH. A couple of years ago, I called the Fort MacPherson clothing sales store and was told by the employee at the store they had them for sale there. I don't think they are sold anymore.

Hi George. Thanks for your prompt reponse...very interesting! Maybe I'll find a used one on ebay someday?!

Ian ;)

VolunteerArmoury

I was issued a K-pot cover at Ft. Lewis last year that had typical nsn or such markings. I'll try to dig it out if I still have it I had bought a commercial one so don't know where I stuck if I kept it.

NY state issued (at least did until last October) an ACU cover for PASGT Helmets from watervliet to Newbs. Though most of the Combat units have ACH's as well.

ACU Combat Shelters as well