Hi Holloman..i am a WW2 Living /Historian and Collector

Parent Unit/ Impression.....C Co 82nd Recon Battalion 2nd US Armored Division

but have represented various Divisions over the last few tears including

2nd/5th/28th Infantry

4th/14th/16th Armored

612TD battalion

82nd/101st Airborne

4th Marine Division

and on thursday of this week we are off to Bastogne taking 9 half tracks and 120 correctly dressed armored infantrymen to represent c Co 20th AIB 10th Armored Division at the 62nd anniversary celebrations in Belgium

Regards

Lloyd

If I had more money, Id love to reenact, but presently I am collecting only... I almost have a Korea set together, so I might start doing living histories with my friend's unit. (They do WWII paratrooper impressions, but if it is a living history, I can tag along)

I'm a collector first and living historian second,

Units i've done are-

325Gir 82nd Ab.

FSSF.

I know lloyd does a very good impression and i think i do,so when i see a farb i do tell them as i feel its a dishonor to the vets not to do it correctly.

Cheers,

Dave.

Trust me, I couldnt get away with anything un-authentic. My grandpa is a retired CMSgt. in the Army, served with the 2nd AD, 66th Armed Infantry Div, as a tank commander. He was wounded right after Carnetan, while eating a ration. After a long coma, he ended up working security at Los Alamos. Also was in D-Day.

WOW Holloman he was one of ours...he would have been in the 66th Tank Regiment .......the 2nd armored had the 41st Armored Infantry

Take care buddy and happy holidays to all

Regards

Lloyd

usmc-collector

post-31-1167162359.jpg

Hi to everybody, we are small group of USMC WW2 reenactors from Czech Republic, Europe. Lloyd glad to find you again on net :) I still remeber this "devil" drinking night with your reenactors group on Beltring 2002 military show :D I think I still have video tape my wife took next early moorning on your display showing your group in "bad" shape after night "drinking" competition thumbsup.gif Semper Fidelis! JAROSLAV

HOLY ALCOHOL POISIONING !!!!! Jaroslav...how are you.....?????

God yes i remember....how are you buddy.

GREAT looking picture there buddy..all the very best with your unit

Email me off board and we can re connect

Regards

Lloyd

• 2 weeks later...
DevilDan1900

Hello Gents,

I collect as well as re-enact. I do :

War of 1812, 15th U.S. Infantry

Spanish Amercian War - WW1 USMC

Here is a shot of me from this summer at a Croquet tournament the local historical society put on. Everyone dressed in period turn of the century costume, it was great.

post-156-1168315546.jpg

Hi All ,

Most of the time i re-enact WWII Airborne - units

With the equipment & uniforms i have , i can re-enact every Airborne-operation in World War 2.

Depending on what the theme is on an event , i can choose my uniform the day before i leave. Here's a little list :

Operations

“Sicily/Italy”- impression

- M42 non re-enforced jumpsuit (505PIR)

“Normandy”-impression

- M42 non re-enforced jumpsuit (505PIR)

- M42 re-enforced jumpsuit (502PIR)

“Market Garden”-impression

-M43 jumpsuit (502PIR)

-M42 non re-enforced jumpsuit (504PIR)

“Bastogne”-impressie

- M43 jumpsuit (502PIR)

- M43 jumpsuit (507PIR-17th Airborne)

“Varsity”-impressie – field tunic

- M43 jumpsuit (507PIR – 17th Airborne)

This year , i'll probably start with 10th Armored Infantry Battalion/4th Armored Division.

Greetings,

Jan

Yeah, that Lloyd's not too bad.

When he says his Parent Unit/ Impression is C Co 82nd Recon Battalion 2nd US Armored Division, the group he is part of the is the WWII LHA's D-505-82/2nd Armd group:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/d-505-pir/d505/intro.htm

You'll be able to see photos of the various impressions we've done in the past through the websites there (albeit the Airborne side of things that I'm looking after is rather a work in progress since we had to replace the previous site thanks to Orange taking over Wanadoo!).

These are some of my favourites, showing both of us as 5th Infantry during the 60th anniversary of the January 1945 river assualt to retake Diekirch in Luxembourg:

cap007.jpg

cap004.jpg

river6.jpg

river1.jpg

bridge4.jpg

Cheers,

Glen.

I'm first a collector, and second a reenactor. I currently do WWII reenacting and reenact with F/504PIR. Before that, I've done 502 PIR and 3ID. Here's a couple pics of us...

F/504 PIR

2007110165849_IMG_0071.jpg

F/502 PIR

2007110165837_IMG_0052.JPG

And an amphibous landing as 3ID

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/uploaded/B...Landing__14.jpg

http://www.foxco504thpir.com/index.html

Nice pics Bill...please feel free to post more of your photos...

Perhaps between us re enactors we can bridge the gap showing more collectors that we are all not "Gung-Ho" Rambos..

Carry on

Regards

Lloyd

PS Glen..yes thats what i meant WW2 LHA........

We are a show and tell group, theres not that many of us but we have a lot of kit per man, generally we do US airborne, mostly 101st, but we don't realy do a specific unit impression. (most of us did 101 long before BOB)

At present we have =

2 x WC51s

1 x WC56

3 x 1/2 jeeps

1 x harley

(although we very rarely get them all to one event)

I have kit for 327th GIR, 505th PIR, 70th TB, 359th IR, and plan to add in more bits eventually to cover 34th DIV, a TD unit, 509th ,and possibly 2nd,4th and 10th Armored DIVs

Also have full or in progress kit for various other armies and various other wars.

( keeps it interesting)

Yes Old spech M3A1, and the Jeep Belong to the happy chappy with the ice cream.

Haven't really got any Full line up / decent publicity shots, just pictures of kit etc laid out, as folks either pull silly faces or run away when i get the Camera out.

We only got our new website put up in 2006, really nead to get some properly stagged photos done next season.

I also lost 5-6 years worth of Photos when the last computer died crying.gif

• 2 weeks later...

WWII Airmen's Preservation Society.

We don't get much chance to "re-enact", per sae as B17's are getting a bit pricey these days. We mainly do static displays.

Here I am with my trusty TBF...

Tom thumbsup.gif

post-81-1169419754.jpg

Occasionally, we do get to "play with the big kids"... That's why this one is my avatar. That's me looking like a Q-Tip in the back of the SNJ!

post-81-1169419897.jpg

Looking GOOD Sarge......great pictures.When you can get to play in real toys it sorta enhances the realism...

a bit like us with our real armor !!

Keep up the great work

Regards

Lloyd

I reenact and do living history. Our time period is Mexican War thru the War Between the States. My primary impression is a US Army Infantry Capt. on the Texas frontier just prior to the War. I've done both Confederate & Federal infantry as a private & Sergeant; CSA & USA Engineer 1st Sgt. and Indian Wars Engineer 1st Sgt. One of my favorite impressions is a Confederate Infantry private in General Henry H. Sibley's New Mexico campaign of 1862.

I've never done anything more modern than 1870's Indian Wars.