Reenactors

Holloman

Guest frogman77
This one is titled "Hit? What do you mean, Hit?!?

Cool Pictures. I really want to fly the gunners position in one of those. I have been the Commander/ turret gunner on a Sherman and a Russian T-34 Tank, but this looks like it would be a real blast!

Regards,

Frogman77

:Dthumbsup.gif

Guest frogman77
Yes Old spech M3A1, and the Jeep Belong to the happy chappy with the ice cream.

Haven't really got any Full line up / decent publicity shots, just pictures of kit etc laid out, as folks either pull silly faces or run away when i get the Camera out.

We only got our new website put up in 2006, really nead to get some properly stagged photos done next season.

I also lost 5-6 years worth of Photos when the last computer died crying.gif

I have found that it always pays to have a CD made of your photos, just in case you get a computer virus or something else happens to it. That way you can alway get them back. I found out the hard way too.

I do 101st Airborne also, only in the US Midwest. My group is: C Company, 1/401st GIR, 101st Airborne Div., WWII HRS. I do Rifleman, Medic or Sometimes bump up to do Mess Sgt. as my impressions. In the past, I did Rifleman in the US 9th Div. I have two M1 Garands, and 4 M1 Carbines,(two aren't blank adapted.), along with a lot of gear, since my Son and I have both done Reenacting. I put on a Large event, in June, with public battles, camps and displays, Gun and Militaria Show, USO Show and a Hanger Dance with an 11 pc. Big Band. I will send you some pics sometime.

Regards,

Frogman77

Cool Pictures. I really want to fly the gunners position in one of those. I have been the Commander/ turret gunner on a Sherman and a Russian T-34 Tank, but this looks like it would be a real blast!

Regards,

Frogman77

The pilot warned me that, toward the end of the flight, he and the camera plane, also a SNJ, would do their routine over the airshow grounds. This included a 2G vertical pullout. As I was facing backwards in the cockpit, he said I would get the best view of the airshow one could get. Subsequently, when he went vertical, I involuntarily yelled "Jesus" and DID get the best view of an airshow I had ever seen!! Wish I had had the foresight to take a photo!

Tom

203225519.jpg

I am with the 4th ID Military Police Platoon here in Maryland. I enjoy the living history events and rarely go out with out my trusty WC52!

Brent

Sheikh Al Stranghi
17th Engineers, 2nd armored div WW2

1/7th Cavalry, 1st Cav, Vietnam

3. kompanie 60. PanzerGrenadierRegiment 116. Panzerdivision (Der Windhund)

Looking Good WC....nice picture..nice attention to detail with the correct bumper markings.....

Well done

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. A labour of love she is. I visited your site. Looks like you guys have a great time. Look great.

Brent

Thanks for the compliment on our website buddy...yes its a near full time job...sorry hobby.......... ;)

I used to have a WC52 Dodge that was the first military vehicle i ever owned....

A good solid hard working...easy to work on vehicle.

post-6-1171130563.jpg

Regards

Lloyd

I used to reenact with Co D, 27th Virginia Infantry, "Monroe Guard", Stonewall Brigade, AnV, CSA. Did Infantry for about 4 years, then made the switch to Surgeon. I was Brigade Surgeon for the Stonewall Brigade for a couple of years.

I now portray an Assistant Regimental Surgeon (Confederate, mostly but do some cross dressing as neeed....) for the National Museum of Civil War Medicine based in Frederick, Maryland.

Thanks for the compliment on our website buddy...yes its a near full time job...sorry hobby.......... ;)

I used to have a WC52 Dodge that was the first military vehicle i ever owned....

A good solid hard working...easy to work on vehicle.

post-6-1171130563.jpg

Regards

Lloyd

Great shot! You guys have the toys! I also have a 45 MB I am restoring. I envy your group. There is an incredible amount of work and dedication to upkeeping MVs especially the BIG pieces. Keep up the great work!

Brent

Here I am with my trusty TBF...

you own a TBF? your are my hero :D my favorite aircraft looks like you have way too much fun!

Sorry Dustin, but only in my dreams! wink2.gif The TBF was there at the show so I had my photo taken with it. The SNJ I did get to fly in was simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time and having the right equipment. The chance of something like that happening again are somewhere between Slim and None!

Tom thumbsup.gif

Sorry Dustin, but only in my dreams! wink2.gif The TBF was there at the show so I had my photo taken with it. The SNJ I did get to fly in was simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time and having the right equipment. The chance of something like that happening again are somewhere between Slim and None!

Tom thumbsup.gif

I guess I will have to find someone else to envy! :( That is a great link you have ,definately all out,That would be up my ally for reenactment.It looks like you have a good collection can you post a picture of it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those wishing to see an alternative style of re-enactment, here is a link to a YouTube video of a Vietnam based Airsoft reenactment event in my area that I help sponsor. One neat thing about these local events is that the local military vehicle collectors also get involved.

If the link does not work, just do a search on "recondo".

• 3 years later...

I know this is a seriously late follow-up post but that is a neat clip. I recognize several people in the video including folks from the Regiment in California, Kregg Jorgenson a Nam LRRP and Author of several Nam books. Mercy from Black Company from Louisianna, Scott J from the Rhodesina Raiders and Ranger Josh Warren. This is an annual event usually held in Washington State and is being held in the first week of August 2010. If anyone is interested details are available at www.thewardept.org (Forum section) It is a very cool event and just gets better every year.

• 1 month later...

- 45thID/157thIR/Co. H/1st Platoon/3rd Squad Pre War impression

- 45th Infantry Division/ 179th Infantry regiment / Company K/ 1st Platoon / 2nd Squad me-Pfc Eric Ryan, 2nd Squad Leader

- 17th Airborne Division/ 596th Airborne Combat Engineer Company/ 1st Platoon 1st person impression Pvt. Paul Ryan- Demolition expert

- 3rd Marine Parachute Regiment, Then 5th Marine Division. 1st person impression of Joshua Ryan- machine gunner, died on Iwo Jima

-1st Cav. Vietnam Impression

and many more :thumbsup:

bedfordboyhite

Some great looking impressions out there. I'm based out of St. Louis, MO. Proudly reenact the Bedford Boys! A Company, 116th Inf Reg, 29th Division. We love to head out to every event and give it the best possible to look correct. The photo below is just a few of us in front of one of our guy's M-1936 Pyramid tent. This is from 2010 D-Day Ohio at Conneaut, OH. Great event that we were proud to take part in.

www.116thinfantry.org

post-14781-1283660757.jpg

Didn't notice this thread before, but now that its back to life..

Got started in reenacting in the Revolutionary War, portrayed a British Grenadier Corporal of H.M. 10th Regiment of Foot (mainly a garrison impression, the 10th was posted in Boston under Gen. Gage and took part in the Battles of Lexington and Concord as well as Bunker Hill) did that for a little over 2 years before moving on.

Currently I portray a private in Baker Co. 1/104th Inf. Regt. of the 26th ID "Yankee Division" during World War Two.

post-11272-1283664364.jpg

I'm currently debating on which impression to pick up next. I might work on a medic impression to mirror my real life occupation but more and more have been considering a WW1 Doughboy impression, we'll see where I go with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Our unit portrays the ground crews in WW2. We have a lot of period equipment and get to play with the Collings foundation every now and then. Here's some shots from our past events.

Scott

nightshot1.jpg

615boysworkinatnite.jpg

Some great looking impressions out there. I'm based out of St. Louis, MO. Proudly reenact the Bedford Boys! A Company, 116th Inf Reg, 29th Division. We love to head out to every event and give it the best possible to look correct. The photo below is just a few of us in front of one of our guy's M-1936 Pyramid tent. This is from 2010 D-Day Ohio at Conneaut, OH. Great event that we were proud to take part in.

www.116thinfantry.org

Is it just me, or is the guy in front of you wearing modern glasses? They look oval. If so, another good shot ruined by modern eyewear... :ermm: