Ike Jacket...Help?

DevildogWW2

I’ve Just acquired my first piece and It's a nice IKE style jacket from 1944, has one moth hole and don't want another. What is the first thing to do freeze it out straight to dry cleaners? Any advice will be greatly accepted thank you!

I’ve Just acquired my first piece and It's a nice IKE style jacket from 1944, has one moth hole and don't want another. What is the first thing to do freeze it out straight to dry cleaners? Any advice will be greatly accepted thank you!

I do not send anything to the dry cleaners unless it has to be cleaned. This means, soiling, intense musty odor etc.

I would recommend that you put the jacket in the freezer (I keep them in the deep freeze for a week. After that, I use the vacuum cleaner with the upholstery brush to remove any lint, pocket leavings like tobacco (attracts new bugs) etc.

If the hole is something that bothers you, call a local tailor shop and see who they recommend for re-weavingservices or pick one out of the phone book.

I store my uniforms with blocks of cedar wood. Keeps the moths away without stinking up the storage area.

Allan