WWII Room

wolfneve

I don't really specialize in any one unit, battle, etc. But I do tend like U.S. items from the ETO. Most of the items are original but I do have some repro stuff to finish off my mannequins, most notably the M1 helmets. They are painted and refurbished by a guy in my reenacting unit (on ebay he goes by Easy Green). I also have a couple uniforms from Saving Private Ryan and a repro Rupert that Bob Bashaw built. There is also a (gasp) WWI medic grouping that I have on display, I just really like it.

Anyway, I've lurked on the forum for a while so I figured it was time to post something.

Thanks,

Jay

post-7009-1257971880.jpg

29th Division mannequin. Again, the helmet is an Easy Green paint job. My neighbor was a medic with A/116th and landed on Omaha with the first wave. I went back to Normandy with him this year. It was cool. This is not his uniform but he made sure it was "set up" correctly. post-7009-1257971996.jpg

Showcase. Here are a lot of my smaller items. I have my German pistols in there, a nearly complete medic pouch, D-Day Ike letter, practice grenades, etc.

post-7009-1257973839.jpg

Wait.. Is that "BROOKLYN, NY USA" jacket the same one screen worn in SPR?

Yes, all 4 of those uniform on the half forms were screen worn. There was a cigar butt and the telephone number of a "Meredith" written on a piece of paper in the pocket of the Brooklyn jacket. The Caparzo helmet and boots are labeled "Caparzo stunt" and the Capt. Hamill camo M42 matches up exactly to the uniform he is wearing when they find the wrong PVT Ryan.

-Jay

Nice display but turn your US Flag around. You have it displayed backwards. When displaying the US flag in a vertical position, the blue field and stars should be in the upper left.

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr

US Army (retired) 84/05

Here is a grouping of my Grandfather's stuff. He was in the 290th FOB attached to Patton's 3rd Army. There are also a couple cool FJ photos and some letterhead and an envelope that is named to Martin Bormann.

post-7009-1257974601.jpg

Nice display but turn your US Flag around. You have it displayed backwards. When displaying the US flag in a vertical position, the blue field and stars should be in the upper left.

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr

US Army (retired) 84/05

You're right. Union always to the upper left. I'll have to fix that.

-Jay

Here's a couple half forms. The 29th Div. Ike jacket is as I purchased it (I think some of the awards are in the wrong place).

post-7009-1257975085.jpg

Pretty cool stuff, thanks for posting.....I picked up a Tanker's jacket overrun from SPR in the late 90's at Ft. Indiantown Gap...new and not screen worn but they had lots of worn stuff like that....plastic M-1 props and plastic bayonets too.

I remember thinking then when I handled some of the repro gear, 'BOY this is pretty nice stuff' and now they make it even better.

BTW love that Hi-Power....

WoW!...you have some nice stuff!...I cant believe you have Capt. Hamill's camo M42!!....is that also his helmet or is it a look alike?.....mike

That's a helmet I had Easy Green paint to look like his.

-Jay

Yes, THE Easy Green. He's a master at helmet painting.

-Jay

In good ways, and, some would consider bad (painting over original cork+paint, helmets like his circulating around and being sold as originals, etc.) but, I will give him credit that his artwork is pretty good.

In good ways, and, some would consider bad (painting over original cork+paint, helmets like his circulating around and being sold as originals, etc.) but, I will give him credit that his artwork is pretty good.

True. He always sells them as paint jobs he does, never as originals. But sometimes they become "original" when they are re-sold. If you know what to look for you can spot his helmets from across the room. His helmets are always "too good to be true" and as we all know in this hobby that is something to be skeptical about.

-Jay

The wood on the walls is a great idea - gives it an ETO farmhouse feel!

Just what I was thinking.

Very nice display. Is this in a basement?

Just what I was thinking.

Very nice display. Is this in a basement?

This room is upstairs in my house. It is a spare bedroom.

Jay