Critique my Footlocker display...

Holloman

Yes, I am missing a few things, and things are a bit out of order. Overall, what's my score, guys?

When I display this, the wools, roughouts, trouser belt, leggings m41 & garrison cap will be on me. Everything not in the trunk or on me will be placed on my '44 dated cot.

STA71670.jpg

STA71671.jpg

STA71672.jpg

STA71673.jpg

STA71674.jpg

STA71675.jpg

STA71676.jpg

STA71677.jpg

My self-critique-

1. Garand is not correct

2. The leather Haversack connecting piece is a set of shoelaces

3. My impression character smokes a lot. (Vintage tobacco stuff is cheap)

4. No toothbrush

5. No shoe polish or brush

Keep in mind, this is for a group of school kids.

Typically, boots are not kept inside the foot locker, they are dress right dressed under the side of the bed at the foot. Doesn't mean it can't be done. You have an Officer's Guide in an enlisted man's foot locker.

I am selling a Lifebouy soap box that would look great in there.

Yeah, I only put the spare boots in to fill space.

I might be taking the officer's guide out. I just like to display it, it is so cool looking. (There is a Soldier's Guide in there as well)

I have a soap box on the way already, thanks though.

Very nice, Don't know what half the stuff is, but still very nice. I do alot of 18th Century, French & Indian War and Rev War, and the kids always go for the sharp and pointy or things that go bang! So keep your head on swivle.

Yes, I am missing a few things, and things are a bit out of order. Overall, what's my score, guys?

[

Looks good. :thumbsup: I do agree with the other posts. Ditch the officers guide if your impression is not that of one. They were a

private purchase item, and and enlisted man would not need one. ;) I would also line the inside on your tray with either an o.d. towel

or a white one. It just make everything look cleaner. Stay on the hunt and keep up the good work. It took me a long while to get my

footlocker together, so I know all about it being a work in progress. Even though its been posted here in the past here is the most recient

pic on my footlocker display.

footlocker.jpg

Tangent comment:

In 1963 BMT at Lackland we were still rolling our skivvies, as seen in your foot locker. I understand that sometime shortly afterward, the USAF began having slicks fold that stuff in 6 x 6" squares.

We kept those rolls (and socks) in the top tray on the left side, with shaving gear etc. on the right side.

Anyway, it was nice to see those rolls in your impression. I STILL roll mine, to this day - though not nearly as tight and perfectly symmetrical.

I enjoyed seeing this thread. It reminded me of a certain TI carefully scrutinzing my razor for the presence of a single beard hair or the filth of so much as a 1/16th inch soap scum defilement of the Air Force. :D