Reising Pictures

Anyone have any photo's in their collection of the Reising. In action or in their collection.

Not only used in the Pacific but also seen in use for guard duty in Normandy, maybe else where? The Reising has also been known to be used by American and British SOE in Europe. Anyone had the chance to fire one.

Nice photo at Quantico.

I posted these pics on fakes and reproductions when someone asked the difference in Reising and TSMG pouches. These pouches are original. Most Reising pouches are stamped USMC and are slightly larger than the TSMG pouches.

I will take some Reising pics later. Is there anything in particular you want to see on them?

Some Reising run like sewing machines. They can all be fixed to run and are resonably accurate for a sub gun. They fire from an closed bolt which tends to help accuracy compared to the other WWII subguns. I have one will feed Federal hollow points, SWCs and other ammo that will not feed in the Thompsons. All 7 mags work and I have never had a misfire, but I have fired dozens of TSMGs and do not remember ever having a misfire with any of them shooting ball ammo. Mine has the one piece bumper that is supposed to be fragile. I have fired thousands of rounds throught it and it has not broken but I do have another 2 piece and will probably change it.

473168.JPG

473169.JPG

473170.JPG

473171.JPG

473172.JPG

Anyone have any photo's in their collection of the Reising. In action or in their collection.

Not only used in the Pacific but also seen in use for guard duty in Normandy, maybe else where? The Reising has also been known to be used by American and British SOE in Europe. Anyone had the chance to fire one.

I've got some. Check out the machete on this first one.

post-70-1180663662.jpg

Nice Photo's, I have been told that the Reising is actually a comfortable gun to fire, regardless of it's reputation. The thing that people forget is when the marines needed a SMG because there was a lack of Thompson's. The Reising was chosen and thrown in at the deep end in combat conditions of the worse kind ie sand, salt and water rather than less hostile conditions at training camps in the US. The Thompson had 20 years to iron out its faults. The M1 carbine, M3 Grease gun, went through tougher tests than the Reising did as the Military learnt its lesson from the Reising experience ie not to throw a design into the deep end. If the Reising had a longer time to be developed as did the Thompson and turned out to be a successful combat weapon then the M1 carbine may have not been developed. The M1 carbine round is only good for an M1 carbine. The Reising round in .45acp could be used in a Thompson, revolver or automatic pistol etc. The Reising also has the handy features of an M1 carbine, i have a blank firing Reising and its a compact piece of kit, it feels good in the hands, just like the carbine. The extra barrel length and better aiming platform ie the stock would have given the Reisng an edge over a pistol.

I am just wondering what troops thought of the Reising during their training days in the US, and if the Reising ventured ashore in the ETO France or Italy.

Greg Robinson

The Marines had some magazine pouches made specifically for the Reising Gun. Here's a magazine bandoleer that I picked up recently and then sold. I've seen photos of M1 Carbine armed Marines at Tarawa in which it looks like they adapted Reising magazine pouches to carry carbine magazines.

post-4-1180705932.jpg

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER, SADLY, HAS PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/106069-rip-greg-robinson/

bilko *Deceased*
The Marines had some magazine pouches made specifically for the Reising Gun. Here's a magazine bandoleer that I picked up recently and then sold. I've seen photos of M1 Carbine armed Marines at Tarawa in which it looks like they adapted Reising magazine pouches to carry carbine magazines.

Off thread a bit,Would that pouch take a m1941 johnson mag in each section??

Dave.

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER HAS SADLY PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61663-forum-member-bilkos-dave-death-reported/

Where would i get a copy of the American Rifleman April 2007 That shows Bruce Canfields Article about the Reising. Anyone have a copy to sell.

• 1 month later...
Charlie Flick
Anyone have any photos in their collection of the Reising. Anyone had the chance to fire one?

BC:

Here is a nice pic for you of Paramarines in demolition training armed with the M55 Reising.

I have fired the M50 Reising on many occasions. I am fortunate to have a good pal who owns a registered, live Reising. It is a fun gun to shoot and easy to operate. Of course, we keep it meticulously clean so we have never had the kind of malfunctions that ultimately gave it a bad name with Marines in the PTO. I think most of them ended up with the US Coast Guard during WW2.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Reising_M55_USMC_Paramarines.jpg

Charlie Flick

Craig Johnson:

Both nice pics. You always seems to come up with excellent photos. Thanks for posting them.

That knife in the photographer's mouth (a little Hollywood, don't you think?) looks to be one of the very rare Western Parachutist's knives issued to the Marine airborne types.

Charlie Flick

DwightPruitt

Here's a photo of Iwo Jima flag-raiser Sgt Michael Strank. I'm not sure where or when the photo was taken.

l57mike.gif

• 1 year later...

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/BothOverview.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Model50Field.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Model55Detail.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Model55Field.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Reising_Disassembly-1.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Reising_Disassembly-2.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Reising_Disassembly-3.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Reising_Disassembly-4.jpg
i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/armeiro1/Reising_Disassembly-5.jpg

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

I have a MDL50 and a model55 and have enjoyed shooting both of them. The biggest problem with the Reising from my expierence are the magazines. Ken Christies mags are a good remedy for that problem. The closed bolt design could easily give problems in combat. Mine have both been fairly trouble free...Jimmy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.