5 cell Thompson pouches

Lucky 7th Armored

Lucky 7th Armored

I was looking on ebay for a Thompson pouch and people from Russia are selling them claiming that the US gave them to the Russians during WWII according to the lend lease act. My question is, is this true? and are they legit US made pouches and would they be correct to be displayed with US gear. Also if we lent them thompson pouches that means we obviously lent them Thompsons? What else did we lend to countries?

Thanks,

Haydn

For reference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-WWII-THOMPSON-5-CEL...=item518d544424

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-THOMPSON-5-CELL-M...=item48382414d4

Yes its true... a whole stash of these mint pouches were found. They are unmarked becuase they were given to the USSR (Russia). They are US made and legit.

Haydn

They have been around for a few years.Most of the lend lease items are not US marked.I have seen a few that are.Also seen them dated in the inside of the belt slot.You will also see pistol belts.I have been told by a friend that a guy sets up at the Tulsa gunshow.He has all types of Thompson parts and part set,mags and accessories all bought from Russia.I think he is/was from Britian.

RON

Yes its true... a whole stash of these mint pouches were found. They are unmarked becuase they were given to the USSR (Russia). They are US made and legit.

I have one that is marked and dated, also ex Lend-Lease.

Greetz ;)

David

Be very careful buying marked Thompson pouches on Ebay that originate in parts of the former USSR. Most if not all bear markings that are considerably newer than the pouches.