1970s B&P Militaria reproduction fantasy airship wing with six pointed star maker mark

John Cooper

Here is a wing that sold tonight for $408.11 which I think may have been sold for much less. Here are the photos plus one I put together to attempt to show how they match up.

post-227-1257730838.jpg

post-227-1257730893.jpg

post-227-1257730869.jpg

post-227-1257730904.jpg

Here is a close up & a comparison (I place one on top of the other... hard to get them to match up on the quick but I think you see my point)

post-227-1257731069.jpg

post-227-1257731086.jpg

Is that two sets of photos or just closeups of the one set?

Here is a wing that sold tonight for $408.11 which I think may have been sold for much less. Here are the photos plus one I put together to attempt to show how they match up.

airship2.jpg

airship3.jpg

airship4.jpg

airship5.jpg

This sold on eBay recently for $211.38 (# 130341113387). I'm not an expert on these airship wings but this sort of looks like the one you posted except a little rougher (cast?) and no hallmark. The photos are not real crisp which I got off of eBay.

post-1389-1257735698.jpg

post-1389-1257735704.jpg

This sold on eBay recently for $211.38 (# 130341113387). I'm not an expert on these airship wings but this sort of looks like the one you posted except a little rougher (cast?) and no hallmark. The photos are not real crisp which I got off of eBay.

Thanks for posting the extra photos. Very hard to tell without a hands on inspection... I trust some others will be weighing in on this.

John

Thanks for posting the extra photos. Very hard to tell without a hands on inspection... I trust some others will be weighing in on this.

John

About the only good thing you can say about that badge is; it is not a reproduction of a ligitimate Airship Pilot wing badge. It was created back in the early 1970's and is nothing more than a figment of someone's imagination or better put . . . a contrived attempt to create a badge that might be passed-off for a genuine badge.

The Florida maker :devil: who created the badge did nothing illegal. He ran a ligitimate business; however, he later admitted he expected his badges would be resold by some unscrupulous militaria dealers as being the real deal . . . and he could live with it. Shame, shame. :crybaby:

Wow...

There was a guy at the flea market this morning with 3 of these ... 2 full size and one Miniature in a small riker case. I was tempted to buy them as I'd never seen a set like this before, until he started playing the "These aren't really for sale...just brought them to show a guy who might make a very large offer" game. I think he wanted something over $500 for them all.

Nice to know they're fake!

Wow...

There was a guy at the flea market this morning with 3 of these ... 2 full size and one Miniature in a small riker case. I was tempted to buy them as I'd never seen a set like this before, until he started playing the "These aren't really for sale...just brought them to show a guy who might make a very large offer" game. I think he wanted something over $500 for them all.

Well I am glad my post help save you some money. Thanks to Cliff posting this old ad which I happened to save. After looking at the two and attempting to use Photoshop to compare them I came to the conclusion that they are one and the same.

Regards

John

Well I am glad my post help save you some money. Thanks to Cliff posting this old ad which I happened to save. After looking at the two and attempting to use Photoshop to compare them I came to the conclusion that they are one and the same.

Regards

John

It is much appreciated.

The ammount of money this forum has saved me could pay for a team of skilled MMA fighters to go around dealing with these fakers and scammers, full time, that's for sure!

• 4 months later...
Wow...

WoW I was at Rogers Friday and i just heard the same deal from a guy with a beard that he brought them out for a friend and they would be over $500 i was just checking to see if they were real when i came across your post