Post your Norsid pattern wings

John Cooper

Hi all picked up the aircrew wing recently which is the Norsid pattern and wanted to see what other wings they made since I do not see that many of this.

Here is the aircrew and a bombardier I posted before.

Cheers

John

post-227-1257724464.jpg

post-227-1257724502.jpg

Thanks for posting I guess i was not specific ;) I did not know they made jump wings as well. I hope others will share what they have to help build a list of all wings they produced.

Cheers

John

A few of mine

Two different patterns of NORSID pilot wings. One is the more typical AMICO style "pelican beak" wing with an applied NORSID NYC hallmark.

The second pattern wing is more characteristic of the "NORSID" wing with a very ART-DECCO look and feel (IMHO). I suspect that NORSID was not manufacturer of insignia, and may have been a retailer (along the lines of Luxenberg). But, that is only an opinion not based on any facts.

post-1519-1258564900.jpg

post-1519-1258564908.jpg

Finally, a relatively common bombardier wing.

EDIT: oops, my mistake. This is actually more than likely a SIMCO wing rather than a NORSID wing. Some of my images are mixed up, so I'll have to see if I still have the NORSID bombardier wing. my bad.

post-1519-1258565262.jpg

No, I don't think so. It is either an observer wing or an aircrew wing, with the added flight engineer device.

As the flight engineer rating appeared rather late, and I suspect that it was only actually worn by guys in the Pacific during the war (specifically with some of the B29 units), this may be a post WWII construction. However, somewhere I have a photo of an 8th AAF gunner wearing a flight engineer wing on a "blue combat" patch IIRC. This photo is more than likely post WWII, but only by a few months, I suspect. Sadly, I can't seem to find that photo grouping anywhere I look. One day.

100th Bomb Group

And Finally!!

The Bombadier Wings I bought with the Pilot Wings and might be Norsid Pattern also but I haven't had time to research. Any opinions on the Bombadier wings would be welcome.

post-7483-1258594348.jpgpost-7483-1258594302.jpg

John

Thanks for posting all the wings guys!

This is interesting in that from the wings posted so far there appears to be a uniquie Norsid pattern. This pattern comes in three quality levels followed by a "2nd pattern" which has been done by several companies with minor variations.

I am looking forward to seeing more variations.

Regards,

John