3 Nylon M1967 Butt Packs...

kphfun

It's been a bit since I have got anything but I did dig these up today, I found 3 post Vietnam M1967 combat backs and all 3 differ from each other. Two are dated 1986 and the one with the orangish trim I cant make out the date as it is really faded but can just make out the M1967 on the top line. Not the Nam dated one's I am hoping for but at least I am seeing it going in the right direction :thumbsup: . What is interesting is the two are both dated 1986 but one has the attaching grommets and the other does not. :think:

post-3273-1257564385.jpg

Very nice! I hear these things are rare...

Will

Thanks, I am not sure how rare the later models are but any of them dated with a Nam date are. Still these are the first I have found that are marked M1967 so even if not Nam era I still think they are not all that common. The one with the distinct trim I think is from the early 70's as I have seen that trim on other pieces and they were all 73-75 dated but I cant read the flipping date. Oh well, I got them for 5.00 a pop so I am not sweating the small stuff. :lol:

orange trim reminds me of the Korean copy M16 pouches' trim i have...

That's to bad you have a Korean set as there is plenty of US stuff out there with that same trim, I see them at the many surplus stores I go to. I think I have a few myself .. Now that you got me thinking, I should see if I can but together an early ALICE set where all have that orange colored trim since I have the pack. :thumbsup:

well i;m pretty sure i got the ROK M16 pouches for paintball (using copies for paintball isnt a bad idea IMO lol) but i;'ve plenty of normal M16 pouches from US supply, so thats all good :) just thought it was more similar to the ROK stuff than the US Issue stuff, tho i wouldnt be too sure myself :) i DO have a Medium Rucksack with some of the same trim on parts of it....and its dated 1976, is actual Issue hmm