Aircraft identification please!

marentius

hello everybody,together with some uniforms (including the flight suit worn by the pilot in the picture)I got also a couple of pics.I would like to ask for help in the identification of the airplane,the picture was taken in VN around 1964-65

Thanks in advance for any info

post-2571-1257498108.jpg

picky picky....ok its an Army Bou. The picture I had was USAF. I thought it was a good shot of the Nose gear and Radar.

But yes the one form VN was an Army Bou.

Cobrahistorian
picky picky....ok its an Army Bou. The picture I had was USAF. I thought it was a good shot of the Nose gear and Radar.

But yes the one form VN was an Army Bou.

:D

The reason I mentioned that it was an Army and not an Air Force Caribou is because there was a major tussle between the Army and AF over "roles and missions" because of the Caribou and the Air Force won that round. Basically the Air Force didn't want the Army having fixed wing aircraft and pitched a fit over aircraft like the C-7 and OV-1. A photo of an Army Bou would put this photo at between 1961 and 1966. Much rarer than a photo of a USAF Caribou. In fact, if you go to the C-7 Caribou Association webpage, there is no mention of the Bou ever even having served in the Army!

Jon

• 11 years later...

mohawkALSE, **Check page 2 of: "Latest Finds & Acquisitions" for these two lighters and a photo of MSG Parol's headstone.**.