Ebay seller 3590

Just curious, does anyone ever look at this guys auctions ? It seems like every week this guy has a surplus of perfectly patched uniforms from every unit under the sun that served in WWII ? I usually get a pretty good chuckle out of looking at all of his auctions. I'm sure others have seen this guys auctions, but I just thought I'd see what everyone else thought.

Just because someone has a LOT of something doesn't always mean they're all fake. Many times in the course of collecting, I've had the opportunity to buy bulk quantities of patched uniforms, medals, patches, etc out of other collections and from dealers and such. Hundreds at a time sometimes.

HOWEVER...that being the case...80% or more of the WWII uniforms I've handled, seen, and been offered were missing all the ribbons / DIs/ collar disks. Someone who has a LOT of those is a bit questionable...ie--might've had a bunch of uniforms, and a big box of ribbons and decided to self-decorate a few of them to sell them quicker for more money.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

about a year ago I purchased a ww2 navy corpsman uniform off this guy which he had claimed to be original. When I got the uniform in the mail the it had a pair of newer issue trousers and a dixie cup which werent the items pictured. When i contacted this guy he told me to return them and he would send a ww2 pair of navy trousers and a different dixie cup in exchange. Now being suspicious of the whole uniform being put together I asked him if the ribbon bar was original to the uniform, and told him that I was going to have the corpsman researched. Instead of giving me a straight answer like any honest seller would do his reply was simply "hello, return the uniform for a refund" which I promptly did. I will never buy from him again. Im suprised this guy wasnt the subject of debate sooner. I also found it interesting that the vast majority of ww2 navy jumpers he had sold in the past had the smaller army issue ribbon bars instead of the usn/usmc 1/2 inch. :thumbdown:

about a year ago I purchased a ww2 navy corpsman uniform off this guy which he had claimed to be original. When I got the uniform in the mail the it had a pair of newer issue trousers and a dixie cup which werent the items pictured. When i contacted this guy he told me to return them and he would send a ww2 pair of navy trousers and a different dixie cup in exchange. Now being suspicious of the whole uniform being put together I asked him if the ribbon bar was original to the uniform, and told him that I was going to have the corpsman researched. Instead of giving me a straight answer like any honest seller would do his reply was simply "hello, return the uniform for a refund" which I promptly did. I will never buy from him again. Im suprised this guy wasnt the subject of debate sooner. I also found it interesting that the vast majority of ww2 navy jumpers he had sold in the past had the smaller army issue ribbon bars instead of the usn/usmc 1/2 inch. :thumbdown:

I had a couple deals with him probably 4-5 years ago. In both cases I got what I paid for; really had no complaints about either transaction.

Semper fi; Bill

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Just because someone has a LOT of something doesn't always mean they're all fake. Many times in the course of collecting, I've had the opportunity to buy bulk quantities of patched uniforms, medals, patches, etc out of other collections and from dealers and such. Hundreds at a time sometimes.

I understand that, but this guy is too good to be true. He has had a uniform or two that I was interested in, but after watching all of his auctions for a couple of months the stockpile of uniforms that he keeps churning out is pretty questionable.

After reading Rob's post on the fake 7th ID tunic, that pretty much confirms it.

HOWEVER...that being the case...80% or more of the WWII uniforms I've handled, seen, and been offered were missing all the ribbons / DIs/ collar disks. Someone who has a LOT of those is a bit questionable...ie--might've had a bunch of uniforms, and a big box of ribbons and decided to self-decorate a few of them to sell them quicker for more money.

Shrapneldue,

I have to concur with your above comment to some degree. I made mention in a previous thread of a good friend of mine who thought he was buying a couple cigar boxes full of WW2 embroidered wings from a tailor shop after the war and was extremely surprised when the wings were shipped to him in several huge boxes containing hundreds of those wings.

I myself walked into a once in a lifetime buy back in the early 70's when a good friend took me to a pawn shop near Ft. Rucker. We went there thinking it was a militaria store which it had been back in the 60's. The current owner stated that he had bought the store several years prior, inventory and all and had moved the remaining military items into the basement. To my surprise there was an abundance of insignia, patches and militaria stored in boxes, to include 6 full size military patch blankets which hung on the walls of the store containing close to 800 WW1 thru WW2 patches. I bought all the blankets and a box full of sterling wings and insignia for $400. My friend did extremely well also requiring two trips to bring all the material to his house. So it does happen, not often but every once in a while.

Now then that being said, this guy has proven to be somewhat of a cad over time and I would just advise people dealing with him to use extreme caution. Every once in a while even the most corrupt dealers offer something legit so it pays to be knowledgable and it really pays to have a site like this to get some really good advice prior to shelling out the big bucks.

Good hunting, Terry

Shrapneldue,

I have to concur with your above comment to some degree. I made mention in a previous thread of a good friend of mine who thought he was buying a couple cigar boxes full of WW2 embroidered wings from a tailor shop after the war and was extremely surprised when the wings were shipped to him in several huge boxes containing hundreds of those wings.

I myself walked into a once in a lifetime buy back in the early 70's when a good friend took me to a pawn shop near Ft. Rucker. We went there thinking it was a militaria store which it had been back in the 60's. The current owner stated that he had bought the store several years prior, inventory and all and had moved the remaining military items into the basement. To my surprise there was an abundance of insignia, patches and militaria stored in boxes, to include 6 full size military patch blankets which hung on the walls of the store containing close to 800 WW1 thru WW2 patches. I bought all the blankets and a box full of sterling wings and insignia for $400. My friend did extremely well also requiring two trips to bring all the material to his house. So it does happen, not often but every once in a while.

Now then that being said, this guy has proven to be somewhat of a cad over time and I would just advise people dealing with him to use extreme caution. Every once in a while even the most corrupt dealers offer something legit so it pays to be knowledgable and it really pays to have a site like this to get some really good advice prior to shelling out the big bucks.

Good hunting, Terry

Agree 100%

Perhaps I've just been lucky, but have had quite a few massive buy-out opportunities in the past few years.

In this particular case though -- the guy does have a history, so I withdraw my earlier statement from this particular situation. Much like estateman there it seems there's more going on than someone just selling off a collection of uniforms -- it appears he's re-patched and re-adorned uniforms and that is dirty business.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif