New 7th ID Korea Uniform!

Captainofthe7th

Captainofthe7th

Here is my latest and first purchase in a long time...since college has been knocking the budget wayyy down there was a mutual agreement between family members this would be a fantastic Christmas gift...hooray for early Christmas and hooray for saving money!

To focus on the uniform-

Check out the chevrons and the 7th ID SSI - they look theater made to me and the SSI is quite fancy. I have seen this type of patch once before on a KW uniform.

DW-0400-2nd-army-uniform-01.jpg

DW-0400-2nd-army-uniform-04.jpg

DW-0400-2nd-army-uniform-05.jpg

I am fairly certain this uniform is good....I did not do a lot of research before purchasing because I knew if I waited it would be gone, as it was a BIN. It ran $75 including shipping.

Rob

Here is my latest and first purchase in a long time...since college has been knocking the budget wayyy down there was a mutual agreement between family members this would be a fantastic Christmas gift...hooray for early Christmas and hooray for saving money!

To focus on the uniform-

Check out the chevrons and the 7th ID SSI - they look theater made to me and the SSI is quite fancy. I have seen this type of patch once before on a KW uniform.

DW-0400-2nd-army-uniform-01.jpg

DW-0400-2nd-army-uniform-04.jpg

DW-0400-2nd-army-uniform-05.jpg

I am fairly certain this uniform is good....I did not do a lot of research before purchasing because I knew if I waited it would be gone, as it was a BIN. It ran $75 including shipping.

Rob

I think the stripes and the patch are Japan made, maybe occupation period, or early Korea War. I have had many with stripes like that and all are units that were in Japan.

Captainofthe7th

Thanks a lot, Louie. They appear similar to these chevrons here:

post-1981-1201261767.jpg

post-1981-1201261918.jpg

Posted by norwegian blue.

Also, I am assuming that the 7th was his Korean War unit since many soldiers were in the 2nd Army stateside after service in Korea. (My grandfather was one of them). A lot of former 7th ID soldiers with them. Also, the CIB would be consistent with the 7th ID in Korea.

Rob