332nd Infantry Regiment, the "Golden Lions"

GIl Sanow

I have (well had, I never met him) a Great Uncle who Served in this unit, I posted a photo of his uniform a while back. His name is Albert Francis Fry and was in Company L, 332nd, 83rd Div. of the AEF. He died in 1964, six years before I made my debut on this earth. His uniform is British Made, it has the Broad Arrow and WD markings, this is sort of ironic as he was a first generation English American.

Thanks

Mark

His uniform is on this topic.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=79192&st=0

• 2 years later...

Hello. I love all your memorabilia from Company K 332nd division. My grandfather served in this unit and I would love to find something he wore on his uniform whether it be a patch pin ect.. My dad is 87 and I would like to do for him before he passes away.

P.S.I know these items are quite expensive but I'm still hoping someone has something

more reasonable they would like to pass on.

Sincerely,Sheryl

• 3 weeks later...

Company K, 332nd Infantry served in WW2 also, I believe with the 83rd Div in Europe. They would not have worn a special 332nd shoulder patch then -- they would have worn the 83rd or another units if they were so assigned. 332nd DUI's (metal insignia) would have been worn until '42, then again after the war. Those should be fairly inexpensive compared to a WW1 332nd patch.

Good luck on your quest.

G

• 1 year later...
sasmith45

Hello, Just stumbled across this forum looking for information on my great grandfathers service. He was in the 332nd Infantry Company A, 11th Infantry Company A and was in several battles and was injured in combat. I'm looking to get info on the individual units and possibly any decorations, medals, badges patches that he would have worn on his uniform. I noticed that there was a picture of 332nd Company A. Who ever is the owner of it would it be possible to get a copy of it?

I have his discharge papers and a few odds and ends but not much, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 4 years later...

Hi, I'm a bit late, but does anyone know which subunit of the 332nd got the Genovese St. George medals? The HQ maybe? The colonel got it in gold, a few officers in silver, and about 100 men in bronze according to the Lettau book. 

I'd post a picture, but my Kindle takes lousy pictures and I need to replace my camera. If anyone has pictures or prints of that group, I'd happily pay for a copy to display with it.