Snoopy and the USAF

48MMS

nguoi tien su

Here is a I DASC party suit (not mine but belong to one Grunts.free.fr member)

im000209za9.jpg

That one was part of the grouping of a colonel who was based at TSN. He was a T-39 pilot, and was flying in all the air bases in Vietnam, hence patches and party suits from several units. 5 or 6 were sold.

Unfortunately, the ranks were sold in a different auction. Yellow loops, colonel bird embroyed. If somebody have them, please let me know ! ;)

Here is a I DASC party suit (not mine but belong to one Grunts.free.fr member)

im000209za9.jpg

That one was part of the grouping of a colonel who was based at TSN. He was a T-39 pilot, and was flying in all the air bases in Vietnam, hence patches and party suits from several units. 5 or 6 were sold.

Unfortunately, the ranks were sold in a different auction. Yellow loops, colonel bird embroyed. If somebody have them, please let me know ! ;)

Interesting, the patch does not have "I DASC" written at the bottom of it. Just one more example of how things varied during the Vietnam period.

For those who do not recognize the label, that is th Maharajah Tailors located outside of UDORN RTAFB. When I was living in Hawaii, I used to find custom made civilian clothing in the thrift shops with that same label. The label is silk woven, and has a rainbow of colors in it.

• 6 years later...