Need help with ID of colors on these Mess Dress boards

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

Hi, a friend of mine gave me a set of unfinished Mess Dress shoulder boards for the army dress blues. They are nice construction but have never been mounted. They may have been made to be used for salesman sample boards? I have identifed all the branch colors, but these examples. Can anyone tell me what branch these are? I know regular Black is Chaplain, but these have another color with them. Any help appriciated.

Robert

post-6492-1256854851.jpg

The background looks like black, but it is dark blue.

left: dark blue and white = Judge Advocate General´s Corps

middle: dark blue and light blue = Inspector General

right: dark blue and scarlet = Adjudant General Corps

Michael

post-8324-1256857997.jpg

kyhistorian01

Thanks for the fast reply and ID help. The dark blue is very hard to distinguish from black, but I figued the only Black one was for chaplain.

Robert

These are "shoulder straps", worn on the Army dress blues. The "mess dress" uniform uses an intertwined looking gold bullion "shoulder board", or a board that runs from the shoulder seam up to the neck. The mess dress uniform doesn't use these shoulder straps. The mess dress board doesn't have a rank device on it, those are worn on the cuffs within the "chicken guts", or quatrefoil on the lower sleeve.

Of course all this could have recently changed. Some of the current Army officer types need to chime in here & correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. :unsure: