AIRFIX....... BUILDING FULL SCALE MODEL SPITFIRE

Escht

As a young lad James May always wondered what it would be like if you could get an Airfix kit for say a full size model of the Spitfire...... watch as his dream comes true .. especially when he gets to fly in a 2 seater Spitfire and he hears the magic words... ' You have control '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nn...Stories_Airfix/

Kevin

As a young lad James May always wondered what it would be like if you could get an Airfix kit for say a full size model of the Spitfire...... watch as his dream comes true .. especially when he gets to fly in a 2 seater Spitfire and he hears the magic words... ' You have control '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nn...Stories_Airfix/

Kevin

I watched and enjoyed that prog the other night. I was a kid in the 50s/early 60s when Airfix took off (no pun intended!) and cut my teeth on the 1:72 Spit and Bf 109 like so many of us boys did in those days. I remember buying the kits in Woolies for (I think) 1/6d. There were only two main sprues with a third clear one bearing the canopy, together with a sheet of water slide decals and a very basic exploded drawing assembly guide, all contained within a see-through polythene packet. Oh... the thrill of it all!!

Ian :thumbsup:

Yep interesting programme, amazing how the computer has taken over the lives of kids these days, they dont know what they`re missing, sticky fingers and paint stains!!!!!!.......517th

Yep interesting programme, amazing how the computer has taken over the lives of kids these days, they dont know what they`re missing, sticky fingers and paint stains!!!!!!.......517th

Hey 517th...are you sure it wasn't simply an excuse just to sniff those polystyrene glue fumes?! :lol: