Apache Longbow sunset

mmerc20

I have been involved in photography ever since I joined the Army and every once and awhile a great photo comes along that I am just so impressed with.

I wanted to share this with everyone. I took it yesterday as the sun set behind our aircraft here in Iraq.

Mike

post-3373-1256679956.jpg

I have been involved in photography ever since I joined the Army and every once and awhile a great photo comes along that I am just so impressed with.

I wanted to share this with everyone. I took it yesterday as the sun set behind our aircraft here in Iraq.

Mike

Great shot..thanks for sharing. Take care over there! :thumbsup:

Here is what happens when you get there a little late

j5dtu8.jpg

And don't start thinking that I like Apaches now. By the way Jon, I think that this might be one of your pieces of junk! Notice, the rotors aren't turning, common ailment of these things!

Stay safe over there bro. Kick Terry Mullis in the a$$ for me. :D

Jon

He's the company XO now. How scary is that? We actually have 2 lieutenants in charge of a company. The commander is a 1LT too!

Mike

Cobrahistorian

OH GOD NO!!!!

My sincere condolences. :)

Do me a favor? Ask him if he's changed his man-pon lately. We've got a great "top gun" pic of him in flight school that we had a photoshop field day with. He's never gonna live that one down!

I'll see if I can find it and send it to ya.

HD,

Now see, that's an Alpha model. Of COURSE the rotors aren't turning!

... And you know you love it. See guys, what you don't realize is the green hue in Hawkdriver's photo isn't from NVGs, it was taken at dusk. What gived the green glow is how green with envy Hawkdriver actually is about not flying the coolest helicopter around! ;)

(Deploying to cover)

Jon

He's the company XO now. How scary is that? We actually have 2 lieutenants in charge of a company. The commander is a 1LT too!

Mike

Envious of an aircraft that never flies! Notice the large puddles of hydraulic fluid on the ground underneath it? The only reason I took that picture was because all the other aircraft were out flying that night, even the 58Ds were all gone! You don't know how many times during recovery, we would link up with the Apache guys and drag them home because they didn't fly with goggles then. They were probably to afraid to fly that night, that's why they didn't fly, who knows.

Cobrahistorian
You don't know how many times during recovery, we would link up with the Apache guys and drag them home because they didn't fly with goggles then.

See that, I can believe. Crappy Gen 1 FLIR and no goggles in the bird? baaaaaaad juju. Now we fly with at least one crewmember on goggles and one on the system. Plus, when we get MTADS, I2 capability is part of it, so we don't need goggles anymore! Can't wait for Gen 3 FLIR video with visible light... just awesome!