My collection of miniature warriors

Sabrejet

I actually have a large collection of original WW2 US militaria accumulated in over 20 years of collecting. However, following a house move much of it is in storage pending the setting up of my new "War Room". In the meantime, ( and to fend off my withdrawal symptoms!) I decided to create in miniature what I have in reality so that I could display and see it until the real stuff comes out of storage.

Nothing you see here is "from the box"...everything is customised using a wide range of parts and various bits and pieces I altered myself to suit the subject. It was a big help actually owning original examples of much of the stuff you see here in miniature because it gave an understanding of how it should look. I also carefully studied many contemporary photographs as a source of reference. The results will span the next 8 -10 posts. Thanks for looking!

post-8022-1256564316.jpg post-8022-1256564348.jpg

As Pops would say; "SNAZZY!"

What scale are they & who is the manufacturer?

Hi. 1:6 scale. The basic parts and accessories come from a variety of sources...DID..Dragon..BBI..Toys City..Universal Soldier etc., put together and adapted to suit myself.

Ian

Those are great figures. The modifications really help the figures come to life. Very nice, thanks for posting them.

Dennis

Hi Dennis...and thanks for the positive comments. They take up a lot less space than my real stuff. To display that "in the round" I'd need to spend an absolute fortune on mannequins...and move to a larger house too!!

Ian :lol:

Nice work. I dabbled in 1/6 scale stuff for a short time before I realized it was taking time, money and storage space away from my 1/1 scale original stuff. I am, however, slowly building up a figure that will be a customized war correspondent to use with my displays. I just need to find a affordable scale portable typewriter (GI Joe made one for the Ernie Pyle figure, otherwise, it’s almost impossible to find a scale typewriter that is correct!)

Several years ago, I had a day off near Christmas and messed around with my puppy and the figures. Sadly, Brandy isn’t with us anymore so I was never able to finish this story

Great figures. I especially love the detail of the airborne figures. Did you modify any of the weapons or uniforms?

S/F

Cesar

Great figures. I especially love the detail of the airborne figures. Did you modify any of the weapons or uniforms?

S/F

Cesar

Thanks. I made a few improvements here and there. Painted helmets, added various insignia, replaced some web straps, re-painted the weapons to get a better gun-metal finish, loaded packs with ballast to make them hang better etc., etc.

Ian

• 1 month later...