Matchbook collection

Fixbayonets!

I came across a wartime assembled collection of matchbooks that I thought was way too cool to pass up. There are over 130 matchbooks in this collection & they are mounted in a period scrapbook. All of the matchbooks contain wartime subject matter & it's a great record of what was being advertised at the time. I am posting a few random matchbooks from this collection, if there is any interest I would be happy to post more. I have taken 2 photos of each matchbook, one of each side, hope you like them.

Rob

First up - "WHO SAID THAT?"

post-168-1256481997.jpg

Nice find with 130 matchboks and true you are that they are a great way to see some of the various messages being given on the homefront during the war. I like the CD matchbook from NYC with the five offices listed on the reverse.

Cheers,

Jim

General Apathy
I came across a wartime assembled collection of matchbooks that I thought was way too cool to pass up. There are over 130 matchbooks in this collection & they are mounted in a period scrapbook. All of the matchbooks contain wartime subject matter & it's a great record of what was being advertised at the time. I am posting a few random matchbooks from this collection, if there is any interest I would be happy to post more. I have taken 2 photos of each matchbook, one of each side, hope you like them.

Rob

First up - "WHO SAID THAT?"

Hi Rob, well that's eight that I don't have in my collection of book matches and that I have never seen before. :think:

Really looking forward to the rest. :lol: :thumbsup:

Cheers ( Lewis )

Glad to see there are some others who appreciate these. I always thought of these matchbooks to be like mini sized posters. Okay guys, here are some more.

"CONSERVE NOW"

post-168-1256502022.jpg