FAKE 7th ID uniform on ebay

Please take a look at this, I beleive the 'medic' uniform is fake. The buyer won the uniform a week or so ago...same exact patches and ribbons, but they added a PH ribbon and removed the CIB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...#ht_1413wt_1167

Orig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3#ht_720wt_1167

I can't post just the photos....if someone can help with that.

Rob

Exhausting & Dirty Work

Interested in buying identified or re-searchable Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals and more.

Call him out on it. :thumbsup:

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

:thumbsup:

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Yeah, that is absolute crap. :thumbdown:

-Ski

post-3043-1256252974.jpg

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

post-3043-1256252997.jpg

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

There is no question of a doubt here. Good eye Rob!! Look at the Oversea bars fellas,you will see the EXACT same white string attached to it on our right....These are the pieces of crap I cant stand....people you VANDALIZE history!!! :crying:

Regards,

Michael Sweeney--Researcher and Collector of WW2 77TH Division

If you have any named items to a 77th Division Soldier please contact me!!!

In memoroy of my Grandfather

Eugene Henry Sweeney

1st Lieutenant of the 306th

Infantry Regiment Company L -

Veteran of Guam and Leyte

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Yeah, this guy is totally hit or miss. He always has a good amount of stuff, it's just a matter of what's real or not. I have no problem buying a pair of trousers or a cap off of him, but I'd never go for the jackets or jumpers he puts together. They're always too convenient. He always manages to find complete 1st Division items, yeah right.

However, I do like the bayonet modded into a fighting knife he has up. I put it a bid in on that.

Guys I would also warn against buying any of his wool shirts with patches...every single one of them seems to have a unit patch instead of just being plain like they mostly are found. Also in one the the descriptions for a wool shirt he says "***WILL SEW ON PERIOD, PRIVATE, CORPORAL OR SERGEANT RANK OF YOUR CHOICE FOR AN ADDITIONAL $25***."

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

I remember seeing the original uniform, and I was wondering what the heck are those "things" on each side of the collar. Strange he is selling it for less than he paid for it.

I think the things on the collar could be the brass hangers for the garrison belt.The earlier uniforms had the slots for them and the could be removed.Maybe they were in the pocket and he didnt realize what they were or where they went??

RON

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I think the things on the collar could be the brass hangers for the garrison belt.The earlier uniforms had the slots for them and the could be removed.Maybe they were in the pocket and he didnt realize what they were or where they went??

Now that you mention it Ron, I think you might be right. I just didn't even think about it as that is such a weird place for those brass hangers.

Yeah, this guy is totally hit or miss. He always has a good amount of stuff, it's just a matter of what's real or not. I have no problem buying a pair of trousers or a cap off of him, but I'd never go for the jackets or jumpers he puts together. They're always too convenient. He always manages to find complete 1st Division items, yeah right.

However, I do like the bayonet modded into a fighting knife he has up. I put it a bid in on that.

This is a major problem with uniforms, period. How many uniforms out there were skillfully made up? It isn't hard to do either......

-Ski

In Memory Of......

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2017.gif

I notice he has a good tailor.The patches are sewn on pretty damn neat.TOO neat for me.They just don't "sit" right with the creases of the shirt especially.I have close ups of Ike and even his patches don't look that good!I also notice "WW2" e.m. khakis with epaulets...????I am not bashing...just observing.

BTW-FightenIrish35 said it best.

Looking for WWII Ike Jackets/ETO or MTO units

Hi Everyone

I saw this and got angered by this seller. I bought something from him a ww2 navy uniform and I paid the SOB for it and he accepted my paypal and he never shipped me the uniform and then a few days later I asked him where it was and he said he shipped it but then I looked on ebay and he relisted it and took my money so I filled a complaint with ebay and paypal and they refunded my money and nothing happened to him. I would never ever buy from this clown hes just a jerk. THeir is my 2 cents added.

B

donation2012.gif

The saddest part about the end price is that LEGITIMATE uniforms on ebay rarely sell for that much. I have seen a lot of fakes, put-togethers, repro items selling for big bucks lately while nice, original items sit and receive no bids or sell ridiculously low. Great if you are a buyer, not so great when you try to sell anything.

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The saddest part about the end price is that LEGITIMATE uniforms on ebay rarely sell for that much. I have seen a lot of fakes, put-togethers, repro items selling for big bucks lately while nice, original items sit and receive no bids or sell ridiculously low. Great if you are a buyer, not so great when you try to sell anything.

Thought I was the only one experiencing that sort of luck.

I've resorted to pushing them for peanuts to other collectors rather than pay eBay and watch them for a week to see them sell for nothing. BUT...if I tossed a 101st patch on the jacket or a 29th ID and some fancy ribbons and such, BIG dollars.

*As for this particular uniform -- even after the fakery, I don't think even if it were real it would have sold that high, no?

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I don't think it would have fetched that price here, but stranger things have happened. Seems like ebay lately has been more ignorance and less intelligence in terms of buying, which will only continue to fuel the fakery.

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

thanks for the heads up on this jerk,i have added him to a list of ebay dealers i wont buy crap from good or not.i was watching the jacket the first time it was listed and he outbid me on it.hes got a few more jackets listed this week.

my avatar photo is my great grandfather Raymond Saunders, field remount squadrom 301,AEF

And it's unfortunate that the buyer thinks this is the real deal. So $177 and 2 weeks later, we've lost the history of the combat infantryman who proudly wore this and instead have a brand new story spawning from this garbage.

I sent a report into eBay...I'm sure they won't care.

Rob

Exhausting & Dirty Work

Interested in buying identified or re-searchable Korean War uniforms, groupings, medals and more.

This is a major problem with uniforms, period. How many uniforms out there were skillfully made up? It isn't hard to do either......

-Ski

I'll second that. Unfortunately ID'd WW2 dress uniforms are one of the easiest GI "groupings" to fake. Components are still relatively cheap here in the states and with very little skill one easily put one together.

My 2 cents.

Bryan

“There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess.The undertakers are winning.The politicians who talk about the glory of it.The old men who talk about the need of it.The soldiers, well, they just wanna go home.” Jimmy Stewart in Shenandoah

donation2007.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif