I'm so stoked! ebay negative pickup with a surprise

R Michael

Just got this one in the mail today and couldn't wait to look the negatives over. I could tell in the ebay listing that there were at least 1 first cav trooper and with over 600 negatives in the grouping I figured there would be more. Well there was. The trooper was a 1st cav and all the negatives are from what I can see with a quick looke see from training to occupation duty. The best part he was a member of the 8th cavalry which was the same unit my great uncle was in from 37-45. I defintely didnt expect that bonus but am soooo happy to discover that.

Mike

post-1387-1256248070.jpg

Just got this one in the mail today and couldn't wait to look the negatives over. I could tell in the ebay listing that there were at least 1 first cav trooper and with over 600 negatives in the grouping I figured there would be more. Well there was. The trooper was a 1st cav and all the negatives are from what I can see with a quick looke see from training to occupation duty. The best part he was a member of the 8th cavalry which was the same unit my great uncle was in from 37-45. I defintely didnt expect that bonus but am soooo happy to discover that.

Mike

What is the period of the negatives?

I have got to scan some and give a good look but from the stateside ones I have looked at appear to be early 40's as they appear no different than my great uncles photos from that same period. Of course the bulk are taken in Japan while in occupation duty. So intial thoughts are WWII to right after.

Mike

• 1 month later...