How would ‘Chesty’ handle today’s Corps?

teufelhunde.ret

Chesty wouldnt have made it past company commander in the Corps of the 70's much less now. Chesty killed a lot of Marines on Peleliu, and for no other reason than he thought "high diddle diddle straight up the middle" was a better way to take a position than to stand off and blast it to smithereens. By all rights Chesty should have been a general by the end of WW2.Instead he was promoted after he got back from Korea.As I read Chesty was the best squad leader the second division ever had in the 50s. Sorry to be so negative, but if you ask some of the men who were killed on Peleliu, I dont think they would have been so enthusiastic.

If the Navy's nice to me, they'll (hopefully) station me down in San Diego at the end of next year when I finish A School. I don't think I'm that lucky though :lol:

What's your MOS? My son is in DEP, he's going Hospital Corpsman school after basic.

Hi Dwight,

I'm going for Cryptologic Technician (Collection) and shipping to boot April 14. Tell your son I said good luck and I'll see him in the fleet. :)