LET'S SEE YOUR WWII U.S.M.C. IMPRESSIONS

MBMorley

Looking good with the Early War 4th Marines Impression but they are some problems with it. The thing is that you are wearing M36 Suspenders which is a no go for the impression .you should be wearing no suspenders as seen here:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/re...2%20USMC/27.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/re...W2%20USMC/8.jpg

Or WW1 suspenders like these officers are wearing:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/re...2%20USMC/28.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/re...c0002160101.jpg

Also I've noticed that all the guys with .45 are officers or senior NCO's and seem to carry only that. If you want to use the Thompson I just ditch the .45 and you've basicly set your belt up the way this China marine did:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/re...W2%20USMC/6.jpg

And your freinds BAR isn't correct, he should have M1918 BAR:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/re...2%20USMC/13.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/re...2%20USMC/18.jpg

-Josh

As far as M-36 suspenders goes. In the first picture you have provided, they wear M36 Suspenders. These are no WWI suspenders.

Stephan

post-131-1256232230.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Very impressive guys. Keep 'em coming! I'm going home next week (where the majority of my collection is) and I'll try my best to throw some gear on and get some shots :thumbsup:

Semper Fi one and all!

Will

Hey guys thanks for all your posts!! It's great to see the impressions that others have and to share and get ideas from each other!! Keep em coming!!

Thanks,

Jerry, nice set up and thanks for posting!! Is that your flame thrower??

Good morning MB

I borrowed it from AMS stand where I had helped during the show... I prefere to own a little bit lighter weapon:)

Regards,

JK

Hey Brandon here is mine from Ayva and I at boo at the zoo last night, thats right i dressed up and went to the zoo lol.

post-8060-1256575352.jpg

Here I am after shipping over to the Philippines from China with the 4th Marines 1941 when I was a platoon sergeant.

Re. post #23: Here's a story about a Marine who did just what you are portraying.

I am very friendly with the family of a Marine who was in China before the war. Originally he was a bandsman but became a rifleman through OJT. Just a couple weeks before the Japanese captured the China Marines, he was sent to the PI. He was manning one of the shore guns on Corrigador when the Japanese attacked and a Japanese shell hit his gun. He was knocked unconscious and he came to with two Japanese soldiers bayoneting him in the thighs and back.

He spent almost four years in Japanese POW camps, often in forced slave labor, and came home with Berri Berri, Malaria, malnutrition, dysentery, intestinal parasites, and many other maladies. After his release it took almost a year for him to recover enough to return to active duty and he ended up with the 1st Marine Division. In 1950 he went with the division to Korea and the Chosin Reservoir.

Overnight 6-7 December he was with part of the withdrawing convoy that was halted at a Chinese roadblock in place known as Hellfire Valley, between Hagaru-ri and Koto-ri. The Chinese swarmed over the convoy and, after killing several Chinese soldiers with an M-1, he began pulling wounded Marines from the back of a burning truck. While defending the wounded Marines with his pistol, he was shot and killed at close range by another Chinese soldier. His body was carried south to Koto-ri where he was buried with about 150 other Marines, Sailors, and soldiers who were also killed.....he remains unaccounted for to this date.

He's one of my loss cases. He was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross for that action and next Spring, the Marine Band building at Camp Pendleton will be named for him. I consider it a tremendous honor that the family has requesting that I attend the ceremonies.

teufelhunde.ret
Re. post #23: Here's a story about a Marine who did just what you are portraying.

... He's one of my loss cases. He was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross for that action and next Spring, the Marine Band building at Camp Pendleton will be named for him. I consider it a tremendous honor that the family has requesting that I attend the ceremonies.

:bravo: Thx Bill for injecting a dose of reality... its so important to keep the memory of these fallen hero's alive - AND - the work you and others do on behalf of these men :salute:

Semper Fi, Darrell

:bravo: Thx Bill for injecting a dose of reality... its so important to keep the memory of these fallen hero's alive - AND - the work you and others do on behalf of these men :salute:

Semper Fi, Darrell

And thank you for the kind words, Darrell.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I FINALLY have a picture of my USMCWR seersuckers, wore them to an event last weekend. This is myself, my husband, and Brandon (MBMorley).

no6ozk.jpg

Yes, after we did the Veteran's Ceremony we went and got checked out of our hotel, I changed clothes, and then we ate lunch, which was good but took forever and a day. By the time we were coming out of the restaurant, we heard the battle going on. LOL

That weekend was alot of funny, but sorry i missed you guys, and i am glad to hear that the Veteran's Ceremony went great.

Here is a group picture of "The Gang" from Veteran's Day celebration in Waxahachie, Texas.

L to R . . . Wade Williams, Brian Caldwell, Kyle Duncan, Ken Kopacki, Me (Brandon Morley), Alan Burkholder, Andrew Parker and Pam Burkholder.

post-7151-1257994891.jpg

Here is a picture of Alan Burkholder (left), Brandon Morley (middle) and Frank Lloyd Anderson (right) a member of F Company, 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division. Mr. Anderson upon approaching our small group quickly declared he was a member of the 2nd Marine Division and as he put it "I tried to kill every D@&% Nip I could get in my sights" after which saying he looked over at Pam Burkholder and said "excuse me ma'am". He also told me (pointing to the "poggy rope" on my left shoulder) . . . "when I was in Wellington New Zealand, in order to cut down on the competition with the 6th Regiment (entitled to wear the poggy rope) for dates with the local NZ girls we told em the guys wearing the poggy ropes have the Clap and that's how you know who to avoid" . . . Not sure that helped but I thought it was a pretty funny story. Mr. Anderson was a pleasure to meet . . . visiting with him was the highlight of the whole Veteran's Day celebration for me!!

post-7151-1257999824.jpg

Here is a picture of Alan Burkholder (left), Brandon Morley (middle) and Frank Lloyd Anderson (right) a member of F Company, 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division.

The neatest part of this was that Alan's grandfather was also 2/2/2! What are the odds!?! He said he had spotted Alan's 2nd Marine Div patch. Really neat guy and a definite high point of the weekend.

Mr. Anderson upon approaching our small group quickly declared he was a member of the 2nd Marine Division and as he put it "I tried to kill every D@&% Nip I could get in my sights" after which saying he looked over at Pam Burkholder and said "excuse me ma'am".

I thought this was cute. Clearly he doesn't know me. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The only Impression shot I have...honest...

3 of my Pastor's (Michael J. Cave)kids (Joy and Alex in front, Jonathan behind)- Houston, Texas; taken in my home around '95...

post-3226-1259985118.jpg

HI

I write from belgium.

Here are some pictures of our group.

Well, As you'll see, it's not always easy for us to find places where the vegetation looks tropical, so we have to deal with the european trees in background.

copiedekilroycamp20082m.jpg

kilroycamp20082mesrie00i.jpg

kilroycamp20082mesrie01.jpg

kilroycamp20082mesrie01.th.jpg

photo3g.jpg

florennes2009pto038.jpg

dscn0887d.jpg

These are some pictures of the last 3 years we created our group (PTO Remember Group)

Kind regards

• 3 weeks later...

Here you go guys from a few years ago.......when i was the platoon sgt of the UK based 4th Marine Div USMC Living History Group.

Regards

Lloyd

post-6-1262269795.jpg

post-6-1262269809.jpg

Hey Brandon here is mine from Ayva and I at boo at the zoo last night, thats right i dressed up and went to the zoo lol.

i see your daughter is wearing the P1942 Ladybird beetle camos in the rare shiny version ... :):):)

especially in jungle seems to be THE best camos for me - makes you almost invisible! hard to find in my size (46) so i stay with the average ...

justinwjolly
i see your daughter is wearing the P1942 Ladybird beetle camos in the rare shiny version ... :):):)

especially in jungle seems to be THE best camos for me - makes you almost invisible! hard to find in my size (46) so i stay with the average ...

LMFAO yeah they are super good for "blending in"

• 1 month later...

A couple of new ones, taken at Fort Richardson WWII living history weekend in Jacksboro, Texas, February 20.

This is me as an USMCWR Corporal, with MBMorley.

2mww7pg.jpg

And here is my husband in his USMC impression based on his grandfather, although unfortunately we didn't get any photos taken together!

11ka2yq.jpg

The neatest part at the event was a lady and her brother who came up to me and recognized my uniform - their mother had been a Platoon Sgt in the USMCWR during WWII! They said she lied about her age to enlist and then left the service when she turned 18 as the Corps found out and gave her the option of being discharged. She was going to get married anyway as her husband was USN coming home from the war, so she left. Her children said she wore no makeup except the bright red lipstick until the day she died.