Shotgun web set..

kphfun

Nothing to fancy as it's all LC gear and still tweaking it, but just wanted to see if anyone else had a dedicated shotgun web set. I have a ruck that I had custom reworked to hold the gun. :thumbsup:

post-3273-1256022755.jpg

Good God!!!! I thought it was only me who had a shotgun set-up! Good to know I am not alone:)

Yes,actually,it started while I was active duty,because I was often in possession of a Mossberg buring breeching operations,and asked for one particularly in jungle-type terrain it is particularly useful. It carried over now into my (part time anyway)civillian life,as a Mossberg Shotgun is my currfent long gun. I will post my "SHTF" shotgun set-up tonight if I find my camera. I can carry 90 rounds in my pouches alone,quite comforably.

Let me look for my camera now...post pix for you soon.

Good God!!!! I thought it was only me who had a shotgun set-up! Good to know I am not alone:)

Yes,actually,it started while I was active duty,because I was often in possession of a Mossberg buring breeching operations,and asked for one particularly in jungle-type terrain it is particularly useful. It carried over now into my (part time anyway)civillian life,as a Mossberg Shotgun is my currfent long gun. I will post my "SHTF" shotgun set-up tonight if I find my camera. I can carry 90 rounds in my pouches alone,quite comforably.

Thanks James and please show a pic of your set. My shotgun is an early Remington M48. This is my set of choice when I go camping now or do a one day walk-in to lakes, I have had a few rangers look at my rig set and trip out. :lol: An old Boy Scout is always prepared and a .22 is useless other then shooting can's! :thumbsup: I just got a Kel-Tek SU-16 which is really neat but just does not have the feel of a 12! The best part is the diversity of ammo that one can shoot, I even have tracer rounds for this..

I have a few myself, cool topic.

A Vietnam type set, the shotgun pouches are both 1970 contract, though I'm sure they never got to RVN, everything else is between '64 and '68.

I still need a good KaBar for it though,

IMG_1013.jpg

An '80s ALICE set. The shotgun pouch is 1981 contract, the M9 holster and mag pouch are both '85 contract I believe, the rest of the webgear is from '78 or earlier.

IMG_1014.jpg

And, a current MOLLE set with the modern USMC bayonet, pictured with my M-590A1.

IMG_0201.jpg

I have a few myself, cool topic.

A Vietnam type set, the shotgun pouches are both 1970 contract, though I'm sure they never got to RVN, everything else is between '64 and '68.

I still need a good KaBar for it though,

IMG_1013.jpg

OH. MY. GOD. :love: :love: :love:

I just hope that all that are in the know, know that I like to get my drink on. :thumbsup: :lol: I just need to stop making posts later in the night! ;)

Why is that?

It's not a Marine item, it's Army, I'm sure Marines used them, but even still, you already have the Jungle kit and the other 1st aid kit.

thought about having a compass or field rag in the army style pouch? ;)

EDIT: D'oh. i didnt see that there's 2 FAK on the center, if thats what you're referring to......

Marines used whatever got the job done, I've seen pictures of a Marine in RVN 1969 with a third pattern WWII canteen carrier with a plastic canteen.

There's a compass in the '56 pouch, a battle dressing in the lower pouch, and the FAK came to me full of other neccessaries that don't leave room for a bandage.

That's not a M-1961 belt either, it's an early M-1956 belt. This set is really intended to be late war, 1969 and up, so it really has too much Marine specific stuff as it is, by that time many Marines' webgear was indistinguishable from a Soldiers gear.

Thanks for the comments though, keep 'em comin'.

I wasn't saying Marines didn't use Army gear, I've seen Army everything used by Marines but butt packs. I was just commenting on it. You've inspired me to make a Marine shotgun set up now. :thumbsup: all I need is 2 shotgun pouches.

Come on Kevin! >_< haha

anyway hotlead, that shotgun gear is just awesome!, I'd drop that m56 1st aid pouch though.

I'm tellen ya! Shheesshh.. I am sure I will do it yet again at sometime.. :lol:

Come on James, we want to see.. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Let's jump kick this and see what new might come up. :lol:

Here is a set I put together that is more Nam dated, only thing that is the same on the first set is one ammo pouch.

post-3273-1262322218.jpg

Here is a cotton set all in a lrge size. The belt is a very clean and well marked M65 Davis. I am thinking about adding a 67 dated grenade pouch and J.F.A. kit, mabey lose the E-tool cover and add another canteen set and fighting knife.. :think: Ahh the fun! :lol: !

Happy New Years all and I am off to see Ronnie Montrose!

Cheers to all,

Kevin

post-3273-1262322801.jpg