CBI Uniform Group With Cool Story! And Bullion of course...

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

This was a recent purchase of mine. The seller was the neice of the veteran, and was like a daughter to him. The uniform group if for when SSG Marion Scott was a quartermaster in the CBI after leaving the Coast Artillery. He reenlisted 3 times, for at least 9 years of service, one year of which spent overseas. The Jacket has everything it should, and more! The CBI and Army Service Forces patches are theater made bullion, and stunning examples of such! The shirt also has a silk printed type CBI patch on it.

Below is the story from the neice. Notice she says he stood 6'4...well the Jacket is a size 42L, the Pants are 36x35's, the shirt 16x34, and the overseas cap a 7 3/8. In other words, this guy was HUGE! Especially for the time period he lived!

She is going to send me a photo of SSG Scott once she goes to her daughter's house again and can get it for me. She did mention that when he died a few years ago, she made it a point to keep these items because she was so attached to him.

Here is her story:

I was only a young girl when he served, but the reason I have kept this uniform all these years was when I was about 9 years old, I was singing at my voice recital and my uncle got in late from the bus station so as he came in he and my aunt sat at the back of the room. I was singing and when I saw him come in, I was so excited to see him, I stopped in the middle of song, yelled to him, "My Uncle Marion" and then went right back to singing my song. He and my aunt never had children and they thought that I their joy in the world. I lost both of them several years back, but they made a great impact on my life. My uncle stood 6 foot 4 inches and was such a great man and so good looking. (At least I thought so.) I will look and see if I have any photos of him in his uniform to send to you. I am so thrilled that you are a collector and it makes me feel good to know that you too will love the uniform as I have.

I am very glad to add this group to my collection! I hope you wnjoy looking at it!

Justin

Picture_068.jpg

Picture_069.jpg

Picture_071.jpg

WOW!!!

I am at this moment searching the history of the CIB's and are impressive!

Thank you Justin!

Please, show me more things of the CIB's!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Justin thats an awesome uniform & a touching story. I saw this one to and if I remember correctly you got an awesome deal on it. nice find. thumbsup.gif

CNY Militaria

Thanks for the comments! Yet another uniform to add to my CBI collection...

Very nice that that lady puts her trust in you to take care of that uniform.

It is indeed a fine looking uniform.

Erwin

Bonjour,

It's really great that this uniform found a new good home bringing with him the memory of this SSG. Pass the torch...

Very nice grouping too....

Congratulations

Valery

• 4 months later...