USMC airborne

robinb

Here is a second pattern smock that I saw at a militaria show in Franklin, TN last November. I took a couple of pictures with my cell phone but one is a little blurry. I think the price was $3000.

post-165768-0-31835700-1559053012.jpg

SGT CHIP SAUNDERS

NO EXPERT . I think the JOHNSON M 41 Torgerson carried was a special model produced for him by Mel Johnson ALSO I thought I saw a M41 in the front row of the cammied paratroopers .

The info on the Torgerson rifle can be found in Canfields book on the Johnson rifle

'Flage Guy

I didn't know Bruce Canfield had a reference out on the Johnson- sounds like a must-have.

thank you for sharing these photos, usmc airborne uniform and equipment, are very rare, especially here in France

• 3 weeks later...
SGT CHIP SAUNDERS

NO EXPERT . Don't know if this is the correct forum..please move it if necessary . This months American Rifleman . has a fine article about the Model 1941 Johnson and it's use by Para Marines .

NO EXPERT . Don't know if this is the correct forum..please move it if necessary . This months American Rifleman . has a fine article about the Model 1941 Johnson and it's use by Para Marines .

Well, if the Johnson isn't "USMC Airborne", I don't know what is B)

Thanks for the heads-up!