USMC airborne

Here is a link to 'Silk Chutes and Hard Fighting'. Published by the USMC History and Museums Division and well worth a read:

http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/D...19000314700.pdf

post-5339-1272297107.jpeg

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will old man, thanks for bumping this thread back up (I just did it again :P Never get tired of perusing through here), and thanks for that document link :w00t: I don't know what to say about that blade; the grips certainly have the trademark Western composition look to them, but I don't know about its being a W.W.II piece :think: But then, I haven't seen enough of these to be a judge...

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

Will old man, thanks for bumping this thread back up (I just did it again :P Never get tired of perusing through here), and thanks for that document link :w00t: I don't know what to say about that blade; the grips certainly have the trademark Western composition look to them, but I don't know about its being a W.W.II piece :think: But then, I haven't seen enough of these to be a judge...

You're more than welcome Jim. I really enjoy reading this thread, I think we've built up a sound reference and there's still a lot to add.

The knife above like you say, had the trademark Western type grips and also 'USMC' on the pommel. I don't know who is making these (it may be Western themselves) but collectors need to be aware!

Here's a second pattern paramarine smock, for sale on Warelics, the price tag is $2,500. It appears in very good condition, with the exception of a small stain the crotch. The photo's are not mine and are here for reference purposes only.

Front:

post-5339-1272531626.jpg

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

Press studs:

post-5339-1272532366.jpg

On the subject of jump smocks, what was the most common way for them to be marked? (i.e. sizes '34' or 'M')

And lastly, here's a cool photo of 3 paramarines at Camp Lejeune in 1943. Note the marine on the left is carrying a Reising Model 55. I love the 'Hollywood' look of this photo!

post-5339-1272532636.jpg

Close up of a beautiful M55:

post-5339-1272532685.jpg

• 7 months later...
They're some great photos GB! I love the one with the katana and Johnson LMG. Well spotted with the boots, I assume youre referring to the trooper on the left? Does anyone have any idea what boots he's wearing? There seems to be an extra section of leather on the lower section, just below the ankle.

Back to the topic of Greg's original question, Western paramarine knives certainly do command a lot of $! Has anyone seen one for sale in recent years?

I've just noticed there's an awful lot of M1C helmet's in the above photos! Not something you always see with paramarines.

Will

(I'll try and post pictures of my S14 Paramarine medical chest pack, as seen in post #24. Robin don't you have an S14 too?)

The boots apear be a variation redwings with the moccasin toe

Always looking for WW2 Cavalry,Pack Mule and Constabulary horse platoon stuff.

• 3 years later...

Thought I would make a post on this topic to bring it back up to the page to see if anyone had anymore Paramarine items they would like to post.

Always looking for WW2 USMC militaria and WW2 Corpsman militaria. If you have any you don't want or want to sell let me know, I might be interested.

donation2016.gif

Here is a para shirt that came with these pants.

I got them from the same vet at his yard sale.

He was issued them in 1944 on Guam and was in Motor Transport.

You can see they are both stenciled along with the Marines name.

post-51189-0-38023600-1394682885.jpg

donation2013.gif

Great set Manny. The shirt is killer.

I've got a couple of pieces I can add from my own collection, once I've un-boxed a few things!

Will

absolutely stunning collection!!! :o

wanting a ww1 usmc depot made first aid pouch

THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THE USMF ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/206486-user-suspension-jackconaway/

IF YOU SEE AN ACCOUNT THAT YOU SUSPECT IS HIS PLEASE CONTACT AN ADMINISTRATOR. We will NOT tolerate someone who repeatedly violates the trust and rules that our forum stands for.

Will,

The vet I got them from told me that much of the paramarine clothing was being reissued at Guam because it was stored there.

Does anyone know anything about this claim ?

The pants have the large butt pocket.

Peter

donation2013.gif

• 5 years later...

I just caught something this afternoon: I notice that Robin's ParaPants have snaps on the front pockets of the green side, and large slits for the Belt instead of loops, like the early 1944 camo pants. All the ones I've seen thus far (which admittedly isn't a lot) are like the ones below.

Now I'm wondering which came first, or if both variants were produced at the same time, etc., etc.. Not likely to ever find out on something this scarce, but....

post-3226-0-73570300-1559012526_thumb.jpg

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson