robinb

USMC airborne

USMC paratrooper smock and jump jacket.

cammo_1.JPG

cammo_2.JPG

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Various USMC paratroop gear. Reising bags, ammo pouch, Johnson bayonets, Western parachutist knife..

usmc_1.JPG

usmc_2.JPG

donation2017.gif

An outstanding array of paramarine items Robin, I NEVER get tired of looking! A couple of super-rare brids there my friend ;)

Keep posting!

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

:w00t: :w00t: Can you believe that, Will?? He's actually got the Parapants, O.D. Reising Scabbard and 'flage clip pouches!! :w00t: :w00t:

I'm speechless, Robin...keep on puttin' up the pics!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

Awesome stuff Robin. Do you have any items pertaining to the Gavutu-Tanambogo Campaign?

Again Awesome collection.

Looking for any item's in regard to the US Army, Air Corps and Marines stationed or based in Australia during WW2. Especially items attributed to soldiers of the 41st and 43rd Division and airmen of the 5th Army Air Corps and their subsequent forays into Papua New Guinea.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

:w00t: :w00t: Can you believe that, Will?? He's actually got the Parapants, O.D. Reising Scabbard and 'flage clip pouches!! :w00t: :w00t:

I'm speechless, Robin...keep on puttin' up the pics!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I know Jim, tell me about it! :w00t:

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

R obin B

My mother just called and told me to tell you that I MUST get my camouflage para pants back before bath time on saturday otherwise she was gonna be real mad !!!!

owen

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

They can't be yours. I found them at a yard sale about 25 years ago for $2. They have the distinction of being my first piece of cammoflage HBT clothing. It took a long time to figure out what I actually had. There were no books out on the subject at the time.

donation2017.gif

R obin B

My mother just called and told me to tell you that I MUST get my camouflage para pants back before bath time on saturday otherwise she was gonna be real mad !!!!

owen

LOL!

I'm sure they're mine Owen! :P

What a find robin, a whole $2! I'll bet there's a lot of sentimental value attatched to those babys.

And once again, Robin has pulled out more AMAZING items. Is it just me, or does it seem to anyone that Robin has far more "uncommon/rare/incredible" items than any one person should? Just amazing Robin and thanks for taking the time to post these items...only ever seen these in pictures in a book before....shoulda figured you would have examples! ha :w00t:

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

No one has mentioned the jump boots!! Very nice itmes! Is any of the items named?

For those guys that are looking for the pants, there was just a pair on ebay last week...

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

No one has mentioned the jump boots!! Very nice itmes! Is any of the items named?

For those guys that are looking for the pants, there was just a pair on ebay last week...

Yep, they went for over $3000.00 grand..

donation2011.gif

Yep, they went for over $3000.00 grand..

And they were in about half of the condition that Robin's are in...wonder what an excellent-to-mint large-size pair would bring :blink: :pinch:

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

And they were in about half of the condition that Robin's are in...wonder what an excellent-to-mint large-size pair would bring :blink: :pinch:

I'd hate to think Jim... :blink:

Will

The sad thing is that those pants used to be mine! I traded them years ago...the good thing is that I have a couple more. I would love to see what a clean pair goes for on the open market. The set that sold was original, but they had many repairs, some done by me, so the quality of the repair was very low!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

The sad thing is that those pants used to be mine! I traded them years ago...the good thing is that I have a couple more. I would love to see what a clean pair goes for on the open market. The set that sold was original, but they had many repairs, some done by me, so the quality of the repair was very low!

You have a few more camopara?!!! :w00t:

Tell you what, save me a pair ;)

The pair listed some time back on eBay were the first I'd seen for sale and although I was aware that they are 'like hens teeth' I did not think they would sell for 3K...

Does anyone have any idea of how many were manufactured? I'm at work and away from my reference books at the moment. I'd be interested to find out.

Will

Western parachutist knife...

Hello Robin,

Excellent set of paramarine militaria -- congratulations.

And also your parachutist knife is very nice. Could you comment the pics below? Do these paramarines have Western knives, as your one, but they have them in various sheaths? Or are they equipped with a little other knives? The photo is from 1943.

Thanks a lot for possible comment.

Best regards

Greg

post-75-1258555792.jpg

post-75-1258555805.jpg

post-75-1258555819.jpg

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Hey Greg,

I think they could well be Western knives. If I recall correctly, there's a few different photos of paramarines with identical knives in the above type of sheath...It seems the rivets are more noticable but the knife to me looks the same as Robin's example above.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Let us see what the experts say!

Will

The Western Model W31 parachutist knife is the holy grail of Western knives and it easily commands a couple of grands...when you can find one. As far as the sheath goes, I have seen them with tooled leather. Here is another action photo (not my water mark).

post-70-1258585390.jpg

GB

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2018.gif