Field Desk Question

I have a command field desk dated 1940 (huge). Complete with brass hardware and all drawers. It was painted over and I wish to refinish it. Is there a standard color? I have seen them flat OD and semi-gloss forest. Drawers were painted white. There was an attempt to remove white paint but was abandoned because it was believed original. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance

Brent

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

All of the field desks that I have ever seen or owned that hadn't been messed with were painted a semi-gloss OD. The drawers were left natural wood, with a clear varnish coating.

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thanks for reply. Its a neat box and will hold a great deal of my smaller WWII living history display items. Looks like an easy restore.

Thanks again

Brent

All of the field desks that I have ever seen or owned that hadn't been messed with were painted a semi-gloss OD. The drawers were left natural wood, with a clear varnish coating.
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

I have a WWII small field desk and records case and both are flat OD with natural varnished wood interiors. I also have a 1960s or 70s large field desk which is also flat OD with the interior the same colour as the outside.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.