M1918 BAR

robinb

I took these for a friend, and thought I'd share with the forum. This is my M1918 Marlin Rockwell machine rifle. Made in April of 1919. Yes, it's real, and it fires.

MVC_129S.JPG

MVC_130S.JPG

MVC_131S.JPG

Nice weapon Robin. Is there a story behind it. Always like a good story.

No real story with it. It was in a collection in Arizona, and the guy sold it so he could remodel his kitchen.

Robin

Very, very nice. :twothumbup: This is one that is at the top of a lot of peoples lists. WOW

Thank you for posting yours

Tony

Greg Robinson

I live in a state....Georgia....where you can own full auto weapons but it's a lengthy, and expensive, process. Used to be a Class III dealer in this area who usually had some nice weapons. He once let me handle a BAR M1918A2 he had for sale.....believe the asking price was about $3500 ++ all the taxes, fees, etc that went with owning such a weapon. I finally decided it was too much money and too much liability having a "machine gun" in my home....so passed on it. But I still think about that lovely old BAR.

But as nice as it was it was nowhere near as nice as that WW1 period Model of 1918....CONGRATS ROBIN!!!

Greg Robinson

Marine basic infantry training in 1967 included a "familiarization fire" of the BAR. What a joy it was to shoot but I sure wouldn't have enjoyed carrying that heavy weapon.

Greg

I live in a state....Georgia....where you can own full auto weapons but it's a lengthy, and expensive, process. Used to be a Class III dealer in this area who usually had some nice weapons. He once let me handle a BAR M1918A2 he had for sale.....believe the asking price was about $3500 ++ all the taxes, fees, etc that went with owning such a weapon. I finally decided it was too much money and too much liability having a "machine gun" in my home....so passed on it. But I still think about that lovely old BAR.

But as nice as it was it was nowhere near as nice as that WW1 period Model of 1918....CONGRATS ROBIN!!!

thats about how much they were around 1996 thats how much member autorifle (brother) paid for his. you will never find them that cheap ever again

Kevin

Very nice BAR.

I have one that was converted to a M1918A2 during WWII (oh yeah, it is live and kicking).

They are sweet.

Congratulations.

Douglas

• 1 year later...

Thats a great looking BAR M1918 you have got there very nice to see

with nice early markings on it well done on getting it for your collection :thumbsup: .

Thats a great looking BAR M1918 you have got there very nice to see

with nice early markings on it well done on getting it for your collection :thumbsup: .

Thanks for the compliment. It took me a long time to get one. As my Dad (Vietnam 68 and 69) says - "Good to have and not making anymore of them"

• 4 years later...