"Rookie collector" from Holland

We few...

Hello guys and girls,

As I mentioned in my introduction, I just started collecting WWII US stuff about a year ago now. It's not as big as some collections I saw here, but I'm some what proud of it. It's not just all militaria, but also some items that means a lot to me or with a special memory. I also got a few Britisch and German items, but I'll try to stick with my US stuff:

IMG_1038.jpg

The smaller pictures in this display are from the visit from the President of the US, Mr. Barack Obama at Normandy American Cemetery at Colleville sur Mer (Omaha Beach) last June. I was lucky to get an invitation to this commerative event. It was great being a part of this impressive event.

Sorry for the 2 german bayonets....the piece of parachute cloth is from the DZ 82nd Airborne at Groesbeek:

IMG_1040.jpg

My medals:

IMG_1041.jpg

The flag shown here once flew over the American Saint Mihiel Cemetery (WWI). the American superintendent is a friend and he gave this flag to me as a gift. He also included a certificate:

IMG_1042.jpg

I also have a lot of books concerning WWII, but this is my favorite. The 101st Airborne, 506th, Easy Compagny, scrapbook:

IMG_1044.jpg

Signed by "Easy vet: Ed Shames:

IMG_1053.jpg

The jackets I collected so fare (again, sorry for the British Lee Enfield rifle):

IMG_1054.jpg

That's about it. Thanks for looking!

Indeed not bad.

Ziet er goed uit ! Could you post larger photo's of the jackets?

Thanks

No problem:

2nd LT from the 3rd Infantry Division, General's Staf:

IMG_0543.jpg

2nd LT 3rd Army, named Smith:

IMG_0536.jpg

Medic from the 104th Infantry Division (Timberwolves), Combat Medical Badge:

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

2nd Infantry Division:

IMG_0524.jpg

2nd Infantry Division, dated 1946:

IMG_0522.jpg

My first jacket (a gift from a friend). Navy dress jacket, cut down to a mess dress jacket. The ribbonbar still has to be replaced by a WWII version. LT. from the Navy medical corps and Officers Medical Diver's Badge:

IMG_0496-1.jpg

IMG_0259-1.jpg

IMG_0490-1.jpg

Nice collection! By any chance are you the Marco that lead a tour from Minnesota around the 101st Airborne battlefields in Holland in the spring of 2006?

Nice collection! By any chance are you the Marco that lead a tour from Minnesota around the 101st Airborne battlefields in Holland in the spring of 2006?

No I'm not (however, I do give tours here for friends and relatives). But I think I know who you mean. That guy is named Marco Killian. Now and days he runs a militaria shop in Bastogne and gives battlefield tours over there. A big guy, former military. Is that the Marco you mean?