WWII Homefront Air Raid & Blackout Items

ROCKET

Just thought I'd share a couple pics of some homefront air raid items I've acquired over the last year or so.

Enjoy!

John

MVC-032S.jpg

MVC-031S.jpg

MVC-029S.jpg

General Apathy

Hi John, love the items you have picked up, never seen blackout candles like these before, good work keep it going.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Nice collection, the CD helmets with the insignia are pretty hard to find. The black out light bulbs, made only to dimly shine down are also hare to find.

A comment about the "Blackout Candles", they are for a different type of type of Blackout. They are to be used if your electric power goes out and you don't have any light. I bought a similar box of Emergency Blackout candles once thinking the same thing.

I also like this type of homefront collectables. Thanks for showing them to us.

BKW

A comment about the "Blackout Candles", they are for a different type of type of Blackout. They are to be used if your electric power goes out and you don't have any light. I bought a similar box of Emergency Blackout candles once thinking the same thing.

Thanks for the heads-up. I suspected they might not have been vintage WWII when I bought them but wasn't entirely sure.

I've been trying to get my hands on a genuine can of blackout black paint for use on window panes. I've only come across one on ebay and it went for big $$$'s considering how rare it was.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Collection. I have always wanted to add a hand cranked air raid siren to my collection but like you with the paint, when I see one I like its more than I want to spend at that time. Now sadly there is plenty of repo sirens hiting the market and its only time before someone repaints and then beats them up and tries to pass them off as vintage. Many of the Civilian Defense items (rather than Civil Defense which is the term used during the Cold War) are undervalued and underappreciated. A fine adition to this type of collection is the WWII Blackout Kit which came in a game sized box and had cutouts of glow in the dark material and various items for a family during a blackout including games for kids. The box is bright and colorful and displays well. I published a pic earlier in a post on Blackout Lightbulbs so I wont use the space to post it again but you can use the search to find it if interested.

Cheers,

Jim