Is something wrong here?

ClaptonIsGod

I was examining my "mint" fixed bail and I saw something that was quite disconcerting to me. The bales seem messed up. Was this something done in the factory? A field repair? Am I just being paranoid? Please help.

Camera died, but it is basically same thing on other side.

post-4251-1255478152.jpg

donation2010.gif

Messed up how? Picture is awful blurry.

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

Messed up how? Picture is awful blurry.

I agree. How is it messed up? Looks like a fixed bail to me. Was it re-welded or something? :think:

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I agree. How is it messed up? Looks like a fixed bail to me. Was it re-welded or something? :think:

I dont know. It just seems that the bales are welded so that they're resting literally on the side of the helmet. Maybe it got bent from sitting on its own without a stand. Will try and get pics tomorrow.

donation2010.gif

I have a few like that, bales are tight up against the shell ....just a manufacturing variation I think....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

It is correct, also i have a few examples like that.

One shell i have, has the bales too much to the centre so i can't put a liner in it :blink:

" You can manufacture weapons and you can purchase ammunition,

But you can't buy valor and you can't pull heroes off an assembly line ".

-Sergeant John B. Ellery-

U.S. 1st Infantry Division

Hang Tough my friend!

Completely 100percent, i presume some were just welded on like that, others maybe bent down from use, GI's sitting on them, or being dropped

If you can read this, thank a teacher, and, since it's in English, thank a soldier.

- Anonymous

Dedicated to the hard core.

Lot's of bent ones like these to be found. Years of GI's plopping their butts down on top of this make-shift chair will push them tight up against the sides.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."