Early TC-2000 Helmet?

Nkomo

I found this gem a little while back. I was drawn to the helmet by the cool camouflage paint job someone had given it. When I turned it over and looked at the manufacturers tag on the inside, I saw it was made by CGF (Gallet) and had a serial number of 287. I have done some research on the internet and can find very little information about this helmet. I am pretty sure the 4-point chin strap is a replacement. Any idea if this may be an experimental piece for trial? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Arch

p.s. This helmet came out of the Ft. Campbell area.

001.JPG

002.JPG

Close-up of tag and odd writing on the inside. Writing says "1 2nd Lift 2n Pass". 2 could also be a Z.

005.JPG

008.JPG

Is that UN blue showing in one spot? :think:

There are a couple of paint chips and there does seem to be a blue paint underneath. Looks a bit greener under a magnifying glass. I took a knife and lightly scraped a small area of the blue/green and it came right off. Appears to be a very powdery substance. Appears to have one thin coat. Wondering if it could be a primer coat to help the camo adhere to the helmet better.

Arch

I believe the first lot of the helmets were made in Canada by CGF/Gallet company. I believe I have a couple like that too.

They opened up a manufacturer in US, joint venture with MSA

I would guess a 5th SFG issue helmet

I believe the first lot of the helmets were made in Canada by CGF/Gallet company. I believe I have a couple like that too.

Thanks for the info, Matt! :thumbsup:

I agree, the straps look like standard issue for the first run of these helmets. Look just like what is on mine.