Lt. Grace Evelyn (Platt) Tripp

SGT LEWIS

post-2966-1255145942.jpg

This was my Grandma. She was a nurse in the 100th Evac Hospital in Europe from 1941-1945. After the war she continued nursing in PA., New Hampshire, and then in Ohio where she retired as lead nurse in the ER in 1981. She was the kindest lady and person i have ever met. She also had a very dry sense of humor that sometimes caught you off guard making you say Grandma!!?? She was awesome and will be missed. Love you Grandma, R.I.P ----- Feb.13, 1917-Oct.5,2009

General Apathy

Hi Sgt Lewis, my sympathy at the passing of your grandmother, there are certainly not so many women around now with the service-working life of your grandmother, they don't make them like they used to.

Regards ( Lewis )

Sarge,

Very sorry for your lose. It's a sad day for all of us when someone of this caliber leaves us.

I am happy though that she had a full life and you have such good memories of her. God bless her.

Thanks guys. She was very well respected by anyone who knew her. She and my Grandpa will always be remembered for their service and kindness.

They are together now as they should be. God Bless....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear of your loss, your grandmother certainly sounds like a really neat lady! I would love to hear more about her service and see more photos sometime, if you feel like sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to hear of your loss, your grandmother certainly sounds like a really neat lady! I would love to hear more about her service and see more photos sometime, if you feel like sharing.

I'll try to get more info and pics up soon.----Thanks for all the replies, i was at her house a couple of days ago to pick up

a chest of drawers and it just seems so empty,sad.......................