'Nam gear

private panda

private panda

I got my hands on some web gear and was wondering if it would be appropriate for a '67 to '69 impersonation? I'll try to rustle up a photo, but it's nylon, and I saw a picture that said it was the 67 pattern.

I got my hands on some web gear and was wondering if it would be appropriate for a '67 to '69 impersonation? I'll try to rustle up a photo, but it's nylon, and I saw a picture that said it was the 67 pattern.

It could be nasty alice gear however, beware, that's a No No for Vietnam era!

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo
This is what it kinda what it looks like.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/3864/alice.GIF

1970's through 1990's, sorry.

If the canteen don't have the NBC Cover they'd work.

Don't bother putting the knife on the upper webgear- that isn't practical. I tried it as a Pvt and found out the hard way.

Rock

67 pattern was scarce in 'Nam. The first pieces were canteen covers and first aid kits, then the rest trickled in. It really didn't become widespread until Nixon had already started pulling us out. Which pieces do you have?

• 2 weeks later...

the photo shows all the post 73-74 ALICE gear, nothing would be acceptable for Nam unless you were doing a Marine in saigon in 1975

yea you'll never see the M1967 gear as a complete set ever, no more than 3 pieces ever.

as for the knife placement Ive seen plenty of high speed operators wearing their knives on the shoulder strap, it all depends on how you like it :)

paul

• 3 weeks later...
private panda

I have a belt, suspenders, two ammo pouches, three canteen covers, one large medical pouch, some misc other things.